Do Jehovah's Witnesses treat Watchtower publications like Idols

by Watchtower-Free 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

A Facebook page that really needs to be trolled. I believe this pic is the Administrator of the page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jehovahs-Witnesses-Poems/187324991392156

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Heres a link to a pic some one did highlighting the idolatrous JW (warning adult themed)

http://s21.postimg.org/ge771no53/new_bible_vibrator_idolatry_n.jpg

originally from

Apostate & Ex-Jehovalarious Meme Collection
    on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JWmeme/permalink/664207216953912/

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Lol. My sister and her family – uber dubs – were in California last week on vacation. They kept taking pictures of every JW.org stand they came to along the beech. Making nauseating comments about where ever they go blah friends blah wonderful organization blah blessed blah…

At least I’m conscientious enough to block my mom and sister from seeing our kid’s happiness during birthdays and holidays. I wish they would extend the same courtesy to me. I don’t think they would understand the connection.

• pixel
    pixel

WTF

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

As somebody who wants to see as many as possible free themselves from the WT, this stuff concerns me. As good as the internet is at exposing WT lies, it also perpetuates this kind of JW circle jerk.

The super hardcore JWism is available throught these social outlets, allowing these people to interact with each other like its everyday, normal behavior.

So f'n weird.

• Watchtower-Free
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..............................The WBT$ Presents..

..........................."Naughty WBT$ Bibles"..

Photo: NEW WORLD TRANSLATION OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURES
(2013 REVISION)

The New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures was released in English in 1950, and the complete New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures was published in 1961. Since then, tens of millions of readers in well over 100 languages have benefited from this accurate yet readable rendering of the Holy Scriptures from the original languages.

Over the past half century, however, languages have changed. The current New World Bible Translation Committee recognized the need to respond to those changes in order to touch the heart of today’s reader. For this reason, a number of style and vocabulary changes have been made in this revision, with the following objectives in mind

1)USE OF MODERN, UNDERSTANDABLE LANGUAGE:
For example, the expression “long-suffering” can be misunderstood to mean “someone who suffers for a long time.” However, the intended idea is that of deliberate restraint, which is better expressed by the term “patience.” (Galatians 5:22)

-BIBLICAL EXPRESSIONS CLARIFIED:
Some terms used in previous editions of the English New World Translation often needed to be explained in order to be properly understood. For example, the Hebrew term “Sheol” and the Greek term “Hades” are used in the Bible to refer to the common grave of mankind. Those terms are unknown to many, and “Hades” has a dual meaning as a result of its usage in Greek mythology. Therefore, both terms were replaced with what was meant by the Bible writers, “the Grave.”

-ENHANCED READABILITY: 
In previous editions of the English New World Translation, auxiliary expressions were used to indicate whether the Hebrew verb is in the imperfect or the perfect state. For example, the continuous action often expressed by imperfect verbs was indicated by means of the expressions “proceeded to,” “went on to,” “came to be,” and so forth. In this revision, auxiliary terms were retained in certain contexts by using such expressions as “kept,” “keep on,” and “used to” when there was a valid reason to express continuous action

-CONVEYING THE CORRECT IDEA OF THE WORDS INVOLVING GENDER:
 In the revision,  the expression “fatherless boy” was rendered “fatherless child” or “orphan” to show that it may refer to a boy or a girl. 

There are many other interesting features in this revision. The front section, entitled “An Introduction to God’s Word,” contains an outline of basic teachings found in the Bible. Immediately following the Bible text is the “Table of the Books of the Bible,” the “Bible Words Index,” and the “Glossary of Bible Terms.” The Glossary helps the reader understand selected expressions according to their Bible-specific usage.

This Revised bible is the BEST we have ever had. It even has pictures.

Today i received my own copy at the meetings and i was super excited and thrilled. Am already addicted to it. Thank you so much Jehovah God!

Did you get yours yet??? 

Feel free  to share your experiences or pictures. 

May all glory and praise be to Jehovah God for making the light brighter and brighter. (Proverbs 4:18)

Ag <3 pe :-)

...............................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

I definitely think the organization as a whole is idolized. From the GB to the publications they print.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.I definitely think the organization as a whole is idolized.....wearewatchingyouman

...........I love everything WBT$!..

......I Love My Kingdom Hall Toilet!!..

.................................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Are the GB's toilets still gold plated? lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit