I'm Really Disappointed

by mrquik 14 Replies latest jw friends

• mrquik
    mrquik

Having been out 5 yrs. & attending numerous Christmas parties & family get togethers, I can't tell you how disappointed I am. I was led to believe wild debauchery, drinking & fighting was the norm. Come on people! How is the WBTS going to scare off more people with slackers like you. I don't want to hear stories of get togethers with happy children & loving families. Never mind, I'll do it myself. I'm gonna start drinking today. Hope you're all satisfied.

• KateWild
    KateWild

We had a nice family meetup with xJWs from JWN. Kate xx

• mrquik
    mrquik

Was wild sex involved? How about drug usage? Did you sacrifice a goat? I know you did not. See? This has got to be ramped up a bit.

• clarity
    clarity

Mr Quick ...haha too funny, most of us wouldn't

know the meaning of debauched...never mind doing it!

>

Look... don't drink too much today, it is bad for your liver.

As soon as I can think up something a naughty apostate

can do ...I'll let you know. Meanwhile, have a wonderful

festive time and best wishes for a great New Year!

clarity

• mrquik
    mrquik

I hope all have a wonderful holiday. (I'm pacing myself to one drink....at a time.)

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Maybe if we share the load?

Ill do the debauchery....

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I bumped my head and I hadn't had anything to drink yet. So Christmas is clearly the work of the devil.

I hear that Santa goes home Christmas morning with a sugar-induced hangover and an empty sack. Now that's gotta be a real "walk of shame."

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I've been to numerous 'worldly' parties with many younger ones and alcohol (21+) and nobody got drunk, no orgies, etc. Then I've been to some JW parties. Years ago I was at one in Cocoa Beach FL, my first time there. I was shocked that a JW house party with about 100 people, EVERYBODY was slammed drunk, underage drinking, cursing, and fights breaking out. One guy was so passed out people graffiti and tea bagged him. This was a JW party. Atleast in FL, JW's seem to be worse than so called worldly people.

Then you have these so called false religion christian churches and youth groups where if they sin, they aren't disfellowshipped, yet they act more christian then the jw's.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Yes, I was surprised that I wasn't forced to go into debt buying presents, I thought that was a rule or something. And I don't know why I am not all stressed out and cranky from the pressure, what's up with that?

Christmas is not at all what I expected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit