Does anyone in the UK recall the JW story/urban myth

by jambon1 27 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Wasn't George Benson an Elder? That guy knocked out some really smoooooth grooves...

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Yup Benson was, last time I heard, well in.

A close relative of mine who has been in Bethel for years went to a gig of his in London and used his Bethel status to get backstage and hang out with him for while.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Yes Dave Hill was involved, I'm not sure if he was baptised but I've seen him at an assembly.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The biggest PITA about Hank Marvin being a witness was that for years and years "Apache" was the only fecking tune brothers would learn when they played the guitar.

My parents saw him and Cliff Richard at an assembly in the 60s. It's rumoured that the only reason CR never became a witness was because he did not get enough attention when he went to events like assemblies.

Peter Knowles was in my grandmothers congregation in Wolverhampton and there was talk about Dave Hill in the locale although I never came across him there.

• Miss Fitt
    Miss Fitt

A relative of mine attended a wedding where Hank Marvin gave the wedding talk and performed the ceremony. He was an elder and the groom was an ex-Bethelite buddy. This would have been around the mid 1980's. It was all kept very hush-hush as the couple didn't want their day ruined by the press turning up. It was quite a surprise for the guest when Hank Marvin got up on the stage!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was at Twickenham Convention once, many years back, and my boyhood musical hero Hank B Marvin was the attendant on our section .....

I went out to the loo or to get something during the talks once or twice and nodded "Hello " in his direction and he was acknowlefging me back. After the session, though...he was gone ! I guess he did not want to be surrounded by guys like me...

It was great to see the International star helping old ladies to their seat , Funny things happen when you are a dub........

• bigmac
    bigmac

wasnt the guy--sirhan-?---who killed Bobby Kennedy rumoured to be a dub? i seem to recall a rebuttal of this in an awake mag.

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

It's okay to accept the royalties on the xmas song if you claim royaty "fractions"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit