My Experiments with “TRUTH,” a CO opens his heart!

by abiather 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• abiather
    abiather

This is the first message from the CO:

"William Claire Menninger, a co-founder of The Menninger Foundation in Topeka, Kansas, wrote 13 symptoms of mental illness. One of them is: “The attitude that I am always right and others always wrong.” This was the first jolt I received: What characterizes an individual’s mental deficiency perfectly characterizes the organization collectively. Since then I began to watch the Watch Tower IMPARTIALLY and OBJECTIVELY! It is nothing but extremism born of blindness!

Every teaching has its plus and minus; hence no point in declaring some teachings as false. I was reared as a pious catholic who was so delighted to serve as an altar boy. I still remember the catechism teacher telling me: Trinity is not a mystery. It is very simple—Father, Son and the Holy Spirit symbolize three major roles God performs (Creator, Destroyer, and Preserver). Always remember these three roles and act out them in your personal lives—DESTROY your vices, CREATE virtues in place of them and PRESERVE them. I used to wonder—what a nice and beneficial teaching.

When my family became JWs, I had to abandon this cherished teaching along with many others, despite the clear teaching of Jesus himself, who gave his parting commandment “in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” (Mathew 28:19). No amount of interpretations can cast a shadow on this proof Jesus himself provided so authoritatively.

Church Fathers chose from an ocean of scrolls 66 scrolls as Bible canon; and same Church Fathers chose from an ocean of teachings trinity also. WT has no problem in accepting their canon and rejecting trinity teaching? Is this not arbitrariness? Especially when something is beneficial, why should it be categorized as false?

It all amounts to convenience. It is like how people respond to the proposal to widen the road. Road-users will welcome it as good news. Road-side residents will say it is bad news!"

• cofty
    cofty

I believe you are making up this story about the CO. I am convinced you are a troll and a liar.

You are an apologist for the dangerous cult known as Brahma Kumaris that has led many of its followers to suicide.

You or one of your colleagues used to post here as Rose Mary as well as a lot of sockpuppets. You were all very deceitful and got banned en masse.

Your style is identical to Rose Mary - dumb pesudo-scientific analogies, flattery of other posters, new accounts with only one or two posts who appear for the sole reason of praising your wisdom, promotion of celibacy and denegration of all sexual relationships.

Don't be taken in by this troll. The CO he/she has invented is another version of Johnny the Bethelite.

• stillin
    stillin

Good thoughts. Hey, I was an altar boy, too!

Catholics certainly have something to offer. The broad dismissal of an entire belief system is something a simpleton does. It makes his life a lot easier because he doesn't have to think.

• cofty
    cofty

stillin - abiather/rose mary will now praise you for your wisdom and insight.....

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Well I am torn between either joining the Mormons or the Brahma Kumaris.

A nice quot of Menniger. However...

A "cherished teaching", but based on what? At least JW try to base their doctrines on the Bible. The teaching of the trinity is even bigger fee-faw-fum. Accepting the trinity because the Church Fathers did so, is just plain stupid. And how is that teaching beneficial? Just because it can be interpolated into a statement about vices and virtues, doesn't make tha teaching beneficial.

I think this so-called CO is getting delusional.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    I think this CO is getting delusional.

He will be in good company in a KH.

• cofty
    cofty

The CO is a delusion.

At least JW try to base their doctrines on the Bible - 1009

Why do you think that is a virtue? Have you read the bible in full from cover to cover? Did it strike you as a book you should organise your life around?

• stillin
    stillin

Cofty, suicide?! What kind of people would troll looking for members when their group is suicidal? Misery likes company, I suppose, but thanks for the heads up. I really don't have time to waste on trolls but it seems like you are aware of your surroundings here.

Thanks

• abiather
    abiather

Cofty,

I do not know who you are and what you are saying. But I feel like praising you for always saying negative, thus you make what appear in my post STAND OUT.

Day has no meaning without NIGHT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit