DINOSAURS - INFECTION AND INJURY

by Bloody Hotdogs! 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

In researching the Society's usage of the above scriptures, and searching the forum for pre-existing discussions about this, I realized that there was a good one just a few days ago here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/268309/1/The-argument-JW60s-use-for-animal-predators-on-land-what-argument-do-they-have-for-marine-predators

But I think the only direct answer to the OP's question is that (1) the Society talks about dinosaurs as little as possible, besides the article I mentioned above from 1990, and (2) if dinosaurs ate each other it would only be as scavengers, to serve as a cleanup crew, rather than preying on their live fellow saurians.

• friendaroonie
    friendaroonie

I dont see that anyone mentioned the society belief from the live forever book that dinosaurs' purpose on earth was to pack down all the loose soil since the dinosaurs were so heavy and had such large feet. Not sure about the reference actually. But I heard this from every jw I ever spoke with on the topic so I wonder why no one mentioned it on this thread. Of course that doesnt explain why we had flying creatures but: to keep ecological balance, provide food for land animals, trim the trees that were too tall for land animals to reach and to move rocks and boulders around from high mountain places to lower areas like giant C-17 cargo planes or flying cranes. In fact this is where the name for cranescame from....

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Ha, I hadn't heard that one before, friendaroonie! I do remember now having heard the suggestion that dinosaurs served some sort of ecological purpose, including maybe to provide fossil fuel for us in the future.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Yes I always heard about ecological purposes like compact the soft ( ? ) earth from early creation!

Even though the earth was pure burning rocks in the beginning!

Sometimes I wonder how a clinically healthy adult person can believe in such crap!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit