Marriage only possible as an M.S. as a JW???

by ADJUSTMENTS 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

It seemed to me for a male JW to begin the steps of dating and eventually getting married you at least had to be an M.S. to get anywhere with a sister at least a DECENT sister. I'm wondering if others felt this way? It was something my friends and I would discuss... Dating as a JW is hell already, as I felt I needed to marry only in the lord!

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

not necessarily. the 'logic' is that a chick would want to date and marry a spiritually strong JW. Typically, if a male JW is in his mid 20's and not at least a MS, he is not spiritually strong, at least according to the standards of the WTS

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Probably true to some degree in your area. I've heard of and know of a decent looking elder's daughter who was practically saying her "I Do's" as her boyfriend was coming up from his baptism!

For the most part, the sisters are the ones that have a hard time marrying "only in the Lord", based on my observation.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

i see that all the time, justvisiting. male or female getting baptized just so they can date/marry someone that they've already been seeing for quite some time. those typically don't work out from what i see.

sisters vastly outnumber brothers so they do have a harder time 'marrying only in the lord'

• clarity
    clarity

Oh yeah ....so good 4 billion men are now

up for grabs ...so to speak!!!haha

Those few jw men only number only about 30%

of jw membership ...the rest is the

large army of women!!!

clarity

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Some young, pretty sisters might only look at young, good looking ms. Seriously though, I saw the most ugly jw guys marrying good looking women and women marrying anyone they could get, even from a young age. Some women were determined to get the nice ministerial servants with personality but are now old maids. But I've known all sorts of jws, functional and dysfunctional, ms, pioneer, born in n converts, get married. I've always thought though, that if you're a single jw male 30+ there must be something terribly wrong with you, unless you've already been married n divorced, cuz there are so few jw men to go around.

• prologos
    prologos

a quarter century ago when I came upon a dating site, a sister advertised herself for marriage and stipulated "--has to be at least a MS.--"

It is right for a female to look for an alpha male (men do the same). being married to an MS Elder preferable the CO of the BOE, you might wield real power while being hated and envied.

But in general, JW males if marriage-inclined have a good life, including having marital faithfulness monitored by the hounders, if not the imaginary, ever-present watch(tower)full Eyes of god.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I wouldn't want a woman who wanted a man with a position. I know that some do promote this, and I've heard some Elder wives prescribe this.

There are many sisters that marry out of the faith because they are tired of dealing with the poor selection. That being said. If you almost looked like Brad Pit, and had a sense of humour, that would Ace a MS position. Good looks, and good personality works better than a picture of you in a swimsuit being dunked in a swimming pool, or a/pioneering in March.

I didn't have a MS position back in the day when I was up for grabs.

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

"It seemed to me for a male JW to begin the steps of dating and eventually getting married you at least had to be an M.S. to get anywhere with a sister at least a DECENT sister."

Maybe you should have set your sights on an indecent sister. They're more fun.

Where I grew up the situation was just the opposite of JustVisiting and Julia Orwell's. The young bro's outnumbered the sisters by a factor of at least three to one. The young women in the cong. wouldn't even talk to a guy unless he was on the fast track to being an elder. That made dating a real pain for the young bro's. We would often go out of town en masse to try to find young hotties to flirt with. Can you imagine some small town cong. being suddenly flooded by five or six young theocratic studs on some Sunday? It happened a lot back then, I know, because I was one of them!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I remember some pioneer sister who married an Elder telling me that my marriage wouldn't last because I was engaged too early. She got a divorce 10 yrs into her marriage, and I just celebrated my 40th anniversary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit