Worst Ever Field Service Experiences

by dozy 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I remember lots of times just getting car sick out in service,all those winding roads. Plus,a lot of Witnesses aren't the best drivers.

One time having a conversation with a young woman and her brother comes in and chases us off,calling us Moonies.

Then when I was 13 and working with my mother,she gets invited in by some drunk guy. Who was an awful creep and jerk. I reminded her of this to this day. And she doesn't know what she was thinking.

I also hated going to doors with people who argued with the householders.

And last,but not least,some guy at the door exposing himself to me,when I was a 16 year old,naive Witness girl.

I can not believe how we risked our lives. I always believed the angels were with us though. I prayed for strength and protection at every door.

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

I was pregnant and felt like I was going to faint from standing for so long. I interrupted the conversation to tell my then husband...he gave me the car keys...I went by my self and sat down while they finished the coversation, which at the time seemed an eternity

• UN informed
    UN informed

I was threatened with a gun twice, assaulted and beat around the head and shoulders once.

brant

• flipper
    flipper

The first door I ever knocked on at age 8 a lady spoke in tongues at me and scared me $hitless. Me and my other buddy ran from the door with the lady screaming at us in allegedly " demonic tongue " language as we collapsed in the arms of my mom. Talk about a bad start in your " ministry career. Lordy

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Probably about 35 or so years ago my best friend and I were in service out in the country and found a guy that showed some interest and he and his broth asked if we could go over to th firepit and sit down and have a discussion. The firepit consisted of some smooth river rocks laid out in a circle and what was unusual Egyptian paintings on them.

I specifically remember the cross with the loop on top I think is called an Anck. I remember the older brother being on more control of the younger one as he would boss him around.

We were talking our talk and noticed that the older brother was staring at us unusually and looked to be concentrating on us intently. The younger broth kicks in and tells his older brothr to leave us alone An not to mess with us.

I think the oldest brother was trying to put some joo Joo on us somehow with some ancient religion stuff. I'm guessing that was what was going on anyways. Little did he know that jehovah had placed a Ghiza powered force field around us, thanks to CHARLES Taze Russel. , LOL

NJY

• kaik
    kaik

Thank you for sharing. I am fortunate not having any bad experience, but the weirdest thing was invated into family who were new born Christains and started to speak tongues. It made me very uncomfortable and I thought there are more religious crazies than in KH. The funniest encounter was with elder who walked me through new territory where he attempted to talk to anyone, and his favorite place was underground passage that connected city with bus terminal. He decided to approach a babushka (it was in Eastern Europe) who was running to catch a bus with a cane under her arm. He literally blocked her to get by him, and attempted to give her literature. The older woman, clearly confused, run even faster without paying much attention to us. Five minute later she was back wielding her cane high in the air, yelling and screeming that we are bastards and hooligans that let her deliberatelly missed her bus. It was probably the last one for that day that was going back to her village. My elder got cold feet and exited the passage into the nearest appartment complex were we hid. We never walked to homes that had dogs outside, especially when in Eastern Europe you had bunch of german shepperds, and various wolf hybrids. Also we avoided homes to be occupied by members of the communist party so we do not get arrested.

I heard once when elder and pioneer were attacked by gang of gypsies and once there was a woman who loved to greet brothers in her kinky underwear. I heard that several male members went on purpose to ring her door to see if the rumors about her outfit were true. How much was indeed true, I do not know, I never stopped at her place.

• CaptainSchmideo
  • skubrick
    skubrick

Well ofcourse my worst experience was running into a girl from my school at a door in service, and her looking at me like i was crazy as i told her, "how bad this world we are living in is, and would she like to see her dead loved ones again?"

My favorite experience was when i was 17 going out in service with a 24 year old full time pioneer sister on return visits. when the sisters in the back seat left the car to go on their call, she made a move on me. she reached down on the passenger side floor to grab her RV note pad and she ended up massaging my ankle above the sock line while she was talking to me. which doesnt sound like much but got me all excited,(remember i was a sheltered JW).

So as the summer went on i would work with her in the afternoons all the time to get my auxiliary hours in. She had blonde hair, great body and in my young mind she was a mature woman, But being a JW her whole life she may have been as innocent as me.

Well she would wear congregation appropriate length dresses but they would usually have a slit in the side, so i would always rub her upper thigh under the dress when we would be alone in the car. And ofcourse it progressed to alot more and we would smile at each other accross the hall on the sly.

We would get up during meeting and go to the bathroom at the same time just to say hi in the back, ofcourse leaving a few minutes apart!

great summer and we never had to go to the back room over it, so its not a bad memory luckily. I also had an elders wife proposition me as well when bookstudy was held at her house. But nothing ever came of it, i must have had the look that was just worldly enough that they thought i wouldnt run to the elders over guilt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit