COMPETITION IN THE CONGREGATION!

by ADJUSTMENTS 15 Replies latest jw friends

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

There always seemed to be a level of unspoken competition within the congregation. Wether it be between elders, ms, pioneers, etc... Who's kids are doing more, who gets more hours out, who comments the most or the best, who gives the best parts, whos kids are the best, who has the better car, who has the better house, who has the better job and so on... It's not openly discussed but you can discern it through conversations, sometimes you can hear undertones of jealousy or meddling in others business, this always bothered me! If this is GODS organization whats with all the jealousy and competiton, I would see other religions or organizatons with less of these issues and question it!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Say it ain't so!!!

[good observation]

• rmt1
    rmt1

It's a capitalist system with a thin veneer of social net. The only real currency is 'probability' of being saved at Armageddon. 'Money' is merely a medium of preaching work.

• prologos
    prologos

a system honoring EVOLUTION, competition, exploitation of the weak, striving for control,

the antithesis of the dream that Jesus or his biographers taught.

• zeb
    zeb

Prologos:

Entirely correct.

I found the way to being caught in that net was to avoid any contact above the basic. "hello how are you" Thats nice" ... and then sit down.

• jam
    jam

My younger brother and another brother competing to become

the next elder years ago. It was a heated competition. LOL

My brother speaking about the other brother, his wife never go

out in service , he is always backstabbing me. My brother was appointed elder.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Congregations in JW world are made of gossiping spies, your under close observation at all times.

Its the nature inside every Kingdom Hall, how your performing as a devoted JWS (sales representative)

is always at the front, next is how your dressed and what material wealth you have,

which has very much to do with the high controlling mechanism of the religious organization.

Who you are married to, who has the best looking girlfriend, wife, husband is another point of competitiveness

as well what position do they hold in the congregation.

The outward portraying image of the individual self toward making up the image of the organization is always

under constant review.

• Gopher
    Gopher

...who gets to give talks at circuit assemblies, who gets to give experiences at district conventions, who has the largest Easter bonnet (oops got a little carried away).

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's just human nature, you see the same things in any other group of people. The only difference is that they pretend the Congregation is kind of spiritual paradise and Jehovah's Witnesses are a united and loving people. And it's just harder to take because you have to spend so much time with the people in your congregation.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Competition: who has the worst illness, suffers the most from illness, is the biggest martyr to their illness to make it to the meetings...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit