governing body my bottom.

by Captain Blithering 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Likewise, there's not much can go wrong with our sound cabinet, it's a well oiled machine... - Thanks again folks for making a terminally boring meeting fly by! I owe you a pint.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Captain Blithering if your bright enough to see the lies and indulgent corruption of this organization your

bright enough to live outside of it.

When you think about it what better way to cover over lies and corruption than using religion.

Religious charlatans have been doing this for along time now and not only by the JW organization .

Heed to honesty and personal integrity and you'll never will fail.

The task set about you is finding others who are trying to be on the same path as yourself .

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

I'm ON that path finkelstein, and I'd love to MAN UP like some people advise, but we all know it's just not always that simple.. I count myself as being very fortunate just to be able to talk with all you folk on here, to get advice, to be able to learn from your many and various experiences, and just make the best of a bad situation.. Thanks!

• sd-7
    sd-7

"So, how should we feel about the Governing Body? Uh, Brother Stanton?" [pdpdm *mike being passed*]

[needlessly loud] "UH, WE SHOULD FEEL, UH, THANKFUL THAT JEHOVAH HAS PROVIDED THESE SPIRITUAL MEN, UH...TO GUIDE US INTO THE NEW SYSTEM. SO UH, WE SHOULD FEEL THANKFUL."

"Alright."

Man, it's been awhile, but...the horror...the horror is vivid indeed...

--sd-7

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I'm heading to the meeting in just a bit in my part of the world. Maybe I'll have a little fun with the section on Bethel. They LOVE Bethel. But what most don't know is that Bethel had quite a sordid history. It became a place where false worship was prevelant and had some pronouncements against it.

Hosea 10:15 - "In this way one will certainly do to YOU people, O Beth′el, because of YOUR extreme badness"

Amos 3:14 - "For, in the day of my holding an accounting for the revolts of Israel against him, I will also hold an accounting against the altars of Beth′el"
    Amos 4:4 - "Come, YOU people, to Beth′el and commit transgression"

Amos 5:4,5 - "For this is what Jehovah has said to the house of Israel, ‘Search for me, and keep living. 5 And do not search for Beth′el, and to Gil′gal YOU must not come, and to Be′er-she′ba YOU must not pass over; because Gil′gal itself will without fail go into exile; and as regards Beth′el, it will become something uncanny."

• zound
    zound

I used to stare at the ceiling fans as they went round and round and round and round and round.

• SAHS
    SAHS

Here is some useful advice for you: A trick I’ve been using for many years is the ability to actually “play” music in my brain! I can summon and “play” the actual audio track of the familiar music I’ve been listening to beforehand and stored in my memory. It is simply making use of the internal cognitive audio “signal” which anyone can “play” right in their own brain at will. (It’s a literal audio daydream, and we can all do it.) This simple technique has gotten me through many meetings, assemblies, and conventions, believe me.

And of course the other thing which I often do is to consciously bring my brainwaves into a light napping state – not actual sleep with rapid eye movement (REM), but more of a pleasant deep alpha-wave mode (sometimes with the occasional sudden head bobbing if I’m already tired).

The brain/mind is a wonderful thing, and you can learn to put it to good “use” during those lovely indoctrination sessions some of us must still endure at the old kingdom hell.

I can’t wait until I can get my hands on those new “Google glasses” things – you know, that very latest cutting-edge technology whereby you can actually be reading your email or even watching 3D video through Bluetooth on a sleek pair of glasses directly into your eyeballs. You can actually operate your smart phone through the computer interface of the glasses by tracking the movement of your eyeballs, and you can even capture a photograph by blinking your eyelids! (You can check out the link “http://www.google.com/glass/start/” for more details.) To quote Captain Steven Hiller (played by Will Smith) in the movie Independence Day, “I have got to get me one of these!” Now THAT would really be just the thing to help pass the time during those damn meetings!

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

This is my 7th meeting in a row I have missed. 3 weeks no meetings for me,

Kate......I walked out and never went to another meeting (even Memorials) or read any WT literature for 18 years now.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Sahs..... Phoney Walkman ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit