benefits of laughter

by JoyWilliam1 10 Replies latest social physical

• JoyWilliam1
    JoyWilliam1

Laughter is regarded as one of the exercises that you all the masses can practice irrespective of the age factor. Studies have proved that laughter indeed is the best medicine when it comes to helping one to improve his mental and physical health immediately. There are several benefits of laughter that makes it a special behavior. This is one of the reasons why you see almost all the individuals sticking to trainings like humor or laughter therapy. Continue reading to learn some of the benefits related to laughter.

One of the main advantages related to laughter is that it helps you to improve relationships with the ones around you. Being humorous with your friends or family members is always something that can help you to strengthen the bond between them and to liven up any moment. One of the health benefits of laughter is that it helps you to improve your physical health. When you laugh deeply, you may notice your abdomen muscles paining or being worked out, this is because of the reason that all the muscles in that area is stretched and affected while laughing deeply. Hence laughter is considered to be good for losing some extra bit of pound around the waistline. Laughter also can be a solution to several mental health related concerns like anger, depression etc.

Apparently, scientists are still digging up several advantages of laughing each day. As a matter of fact, elaborate research is still being conducted based on this topic. However, it is always certain that laughter is something that can only bring the good aspects for any individual.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Two tips; assume intelligence in your audience, and don't give away your punchline.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome JoyWilliam1!

Indeed, laughter is a wonderful thing.

And I suspect that if posters on this forum got paid for their entertaining contributions, this guy...

...would deserve a big paycheck. And OUTLAW would get paid in beer and KFC.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

JoyWilliam1. Do you like your initials, JW1? I always get a kick out of seeing someone's car license plate when they include "JW" on it or "JAH". Especially if I look into the car and the people are obviously, not JW's.

Our COBE's home phone number had three 6's in a row. I would have told them, sorry, give me another number please.

Laughter is so important. I try to find the laughter in most things. I am a 'glass is half full' type of person.

Welcome to JWN.

It is great to have the support here, as we all continue in finding our path in life.

LoisLane

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Lois, here's a little engineering humor on the "glass half full" situation:

Although, I prefer this fact:

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Welcome JW1, Great 1st post. Couldn't agree more. The quick witted people here have saved me from dispair more than once. (Thanks especially to BillyX) But hey, are you saying my waistline says I'm not laughing enough??? JK

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

it takes more facial muscles to frown than to smile. leave me alone, im working out. on the real tho, a laugh is contagious. spread some luv.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Billy the X, I like your 50% air, 50% water = a Full glass.

I like #3 choice, too. The Engineer saying 'Your glass is too big".

It is all in your perspective.

LoisLane

PS What would we do without OUTLAW's picture -grams?

Thank you Billy the X and thank you OUTLAW for giving me so many happy, giggly moments.

• rmt1
    rmt1

A glass floating in orbit around earth is completely full of vacuum energy. And that has mass.

The wife is a connesseur (voracious maw) of comedy. The last time I doubled over for 30 seconds was during Kyle Kinane's first(?) appearance on the John Oliver New York stand-up show. If I had my druthers I'd consume enough comedy to have a double-over can't-breathe event once a week, but life gets in the way. Tim Minchin and Brian Regan are almost guaranteed gut punch. Many others...

• zeb
    zeb

Assume intelligence in the audience.

Thats the hard part. I learned quickly not to try jokes at a jw bbq.

There was ever one sis who would butt in and blurt the punchline and get it wrong. or say to my wife; "Have you heard that one before?" WTH? I guess its all part of the put down mentallity.\\But yes i love to hear laughter.

I joined a long que today and said; "Now that I have you all here". All the folks with their many and various thoughts all looked up and a few put away their phones and all had a chuckle. One delight squeezed my shoulder and said "onya love" ( good on you-- Australian slang). and gave me another wave as she got into her 4WD....... sigh. Yes i love to hear laughter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit