Any suggestions to help?

by casio 17 Replies latest jw friends

• casio
    casio

OK. Its been a year since my first post. (I wasn't joking when I said it would take a while for any replies!!). Thanks for all of the kind words of support.

My position is pretty much as previously, all family strong in the "truth". I'm still going to meetings, doing talks, out in FS etc. Wife and kids also. I've had a few chats to my wife about my doubts. I've kept it focused on my problems with the org (higher education, being very controlling, expecting too much of R&F etc) rather than straight bible teaching. Suprisingly my wife sort of agrees (to a point)!

BUT - the sticking point she has is when it comes to doctrine. Basically the "truth" must be Jehovahs org because of all of the light they have shed that makes them different from other religions. Specifically - the trinity, Gods purpose for the future, why is there wickedness, worldwide brotherhood etc etc. Also if we weren't in the org how would we know how to worship God and where would the direction come from as she doesn't feel she knows enough about the bible to interpret it herself. If we were out altogether what would be the purpose in life?

I know that there isn't a simple answer to this, but I'm trying to find a way of responding where I can show her that there is a way of having a relationship with God without the org. Any suggestions greatfully received.

PS - I am terrible at posting messages, and althouth I'll do my best there's no guarantee I'll comment. Sorry in advance, but thanks for taking the time to help a brother out!

Casio

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Grow a pair dude. Be a man. Get your kids out of this nightmare. Be a friggin man!

• cantleave
    cantleave

They are not unique.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/similar-religions-to-jehovahs-witnesses.php

The table half way down is awesome.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Poor you.

BUT I do have to agree with Narcisstistic Supply.

You HAVE to man up and get your family the hell out of there. While you are all young and strong. While there is life left to live. You could be on this forum in 20 years time mate.It will be hard, there will be tears, recriminations, emotional blackmail etc, etc.... BUT you must do this for YOU, not the WT, GB or other JW's. They are many like you who have walked away. Take courage from them.

God will understand.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It would take courage, and may not be the right way, to challenge her comfortable delusion head on. You know her better than us.

But a good question to ask is "What unique doctrines do the JW's teach ?". What they do not teach is not relevant, trinity, immortal soul, and so on, and of course they are not unique in those negatives anyway.

But get her to identify the unique teachings, (if she can !! as already shown, the things she mentioned are not unique to JW's), and then examine those teachings in the light of what the Bible really says.

The true religion should have one unique teaching at least, provable from the Bible, to assure us it is the truth.

Whatever she comes up with, JWfacts.org will have an answer, or we will on here.

Good Luck !

• jgnat
    jgnat

I disagree with Narcisisstic and Quelly. Casio, you are on a good course; simply keep it up.

Narcisistic, you haven't said so directly but you are separated from your wife, aren't you? Your bitterness screams.

When you have children together, you will need to work things out either way, preferably together.

Casio, since your wife cares about doctrine, I'd work in building her confidence that she can study these things out for herself. Ask questions about interpretation, what makes it more reliable, what makes it more sketchy. Read texts in context.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

jgnat, honey.... Sorry if my viewpoint was a bit whoo hoo. I do tend to jump before I look!!

Of course, he must do what feels is the right course. Everyone is different.

Just keep on sharing.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Attack the messenger.

This POS organization castrates men at baptism. Men are not men in this POS organization. They are bobble head robots. They are bobble head dogs. Men are not men in this organization. They are controlled by the passive aggressive females who destroy their manhood.

Be a man. Speak your mind. who cares if the woman attacks your person. Who cares. Those passive aggressive female hormones will only take them so far.

Be a man. Free your family. Take the direct approach. Do what a friggin cave man would do. Call them a mentally diseased piece of shit. Tell it like it is and then sit back and watch the passive aggressive females attack your character and try to break your spine.

Awesome!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

How acquainted are you and your wife with the WT doctrine/policy on child molestation? I'm not married and have no children, but that issue was what finally snapped my connection to WT doctrine and blindly accepting whatever they said. And in my conversations with my parents when they become blind to reason, that is the issue that I know will end the conversation. With them, we've analyzed and discussed the WT policy enough that they can't agree with the stupid direction that WT Legal Department should be called first if there's a case of even suspected molestation.

CALL THE POLICE FIRST. GET THE CHILD TO THE HOSPITAL FOR EXAMINATION BY PROFESSIONALS FOR THE WELFARE OF THE CHILD AND PROSECUTION OF THE PERP.

If WT can't get that right, how "faithful and discreet" can the slave really be? Here's a couple threads I started last summer with some of my tactics:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/253592/1/exJW-Psychology-101-Keeping-Your-Cool-While-Fading#.Uq8qPuIljcw

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/254990/1/exJW-Psychology-102-How-to-Ask-a-Question-When-Questions-Arent-Allowed#.Uq8qIOIljcw

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Read her 1tim 3:16 and 17 where it states the bible will equip a man, you dont need an oRG to tell you what the bible means. Start reading the bible with her starting at acts through hebrews and use a non JW bible. Then explain to her all the missed dates and wrong info they have passed off as truth in the past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit