is all religon crap?

by thesaint 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Jeho's surrender their conscience to the douchbags and money machine in brooklyn. Now that's crap. Jesus threw the money changers out of the temple.

Go figure.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Every culture grows their own god or gods.

The Hebrews, Greeks and Roman's. The Mayans and Islam all believed in gods that were a true reflection of the culture that gave them 'life'. Those gods know only what that culture knows and since we had a limited understanding of science so do made up gods.

The natural language of a god is in fact...........silence............. everything else is just a bad translation.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I've said this before, but IMO, churches that embrace fiscal and policy transparency, utlilize the democratic process, respect the conclusions of history and science, and foster positive community activism (i.e. non-authoritarian churches) are worthy of respect.

And I'm saying this as someone who never goes to any kind of church and is pretty much agnostic at this point.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree Vidiot, such a church would deserve respect, purely for bucking the trend.

Their beliefs would still be that though, beliefs, which are crap.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Three mainstream religions have ties to the Hebrew sriptures / Old Testament or parts theirof , Judaism with its many sects , Islam with its many sects and Christendom with its many sects . None in agreement with the other , yet from time to time have actually waged war with each other over the centuries and still do so today.

In this 21st century, have we heard a peep out of GOD ? the so called author of these scriptures ? Have we heard a peep out of Jesus ?

He has allowed these 3 major religions to commit atrocities to each other in his name over the centuries , and he is silent.

No wonder atheism or people who identify as no religion is on the rise.

smiddy

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Imagine an alien flying around the earth observing people worshipping and willingly dying for an unseen, unheard, unknown god. Year in year out decades, centuries of worship to the invisible, putting up with repetative mindless meetings and a soul crushing hierarchy.

Seems kind of primitive doesn't it?

• Captain Obvious
  • yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Pastor Russell said "religion is a snare and a racket."He was absolutely right. And that means EVERY religion. They have some good points but mostly, yes, they are crap.

You don't need to be a member of any religion. You already are made in 'God's image'. You have a conscience, know right from wrong. The only religion you need is to practise the so-called "fruitages of the spirit". That's what it means to be a spiritual person. Forget all the man-made stuff around it.

Galatians 5:22-23
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. (NIV)

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

YadaYada, appropriate quote from Dalai Lama.

" Pastor Russell said "religion is a snare and a racket." I could be wrong, but I think it was the crook, drunkard, womanizer, Judge Rutherford that promoted this idea of snare and racket.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

You're no doubt right Jake. Makes it even more ironic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit