is all religon crap?

by thesaint 45 Replies latest jw friends

• thesaint
    thesaint

like jw are crap is there any religon dat is atally conneced to god?

• cofty
    cofty

Hello thesaint.

Your question assumes there is a god.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

After 34 years of searching for God in almost every faith you can name.. I personally have never ever found him in or even remotely connected to any religious organisation. Or Jesus for that matter. The only times I have ever felt anything that could be called 'feeling God', I have always every single time totally been alone and separate from any type of group or society.

Acts 17:27 says it all for me.

New International Version

"God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us."

Nothing about any organisation or group and society and gang or what ever. It's all individual. If God can be found at all.. then it must be done alone. You need nothing and no one.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Religion is about creating power and money out of bullshit, fear and human ignorance.

The WTS./JWs is no different in this regard.

• thesaint
    thesaint

but thers to many reliugons for there not be none.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I have been thinking on this subject quite a bit mainly because I realized recently that even as a jw for 39 yrs I had never had faith or really believed in a god. I think that just as humans are hardwired to be homosexual or heterosexual there is a sort of hardwiring for spirituality. I think religion is a construct for those hardwired to believe in a god and each of those persons gravitates toward a religion or belief system. I think a religion, whether it is an actual denomination or not, is needed by most of the people hardwired that way so to them religion isn't crap, it's a fulfillment of their hardwiring. I think the rest of us hardwired to doubt lean more towards religion being crap. These are my initial musings. Many probably won't agree with me but I as is noted on this board pro god people and no god people both feel very passionately about their belief systems and way of living. Religion is not all things to all people.

• Oh Gawd
    Oh Gawd

The fact there are a lot of religions only proves that it's a good business to be in, not that there is a God.

And, if there is a God, do you really think they would make it so difficult if they wanted you to know or cared in the slightest about you?

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

I will add to Dis-Member's comment from Acts 17:27 that "God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us."

John 4:24 "God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth." If we worship, we worship in spirit. This has nothing to do with being part of a group or joining a movement.

Strictly Bob...If you have God, then God exists only within. God is not to be found out there somewhere, out there anywhere. God is the spirit within.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I think if there was a god, he wouldn't care what religion you were as long as you were a good person. Which is why I can't believe the bible anymore. It's full of genocide. And are you telling me that I'm lucky since I'm born in the US but those poor saps born in India.... Well they have to die. Soon eight billion will die because they were busy mowing their lawn or at soccer practice when a five year old came to their door with a magazine. Right.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Thesaint,

Time to do some leg work....go look, go read, go search. Don't take anyones word but your own, you only know your motive, not other people's. You have a lifetime to decide.

i personally find no evidence for god and an insurmountable amount of evidence on the formation of beleifs and human motives in forming the major religions of the world. I have found no evidence of any religious truth or of a god, but I do still look.

Until I find any evidence, I must be honest and be agnostic/atheist, titles bestowed upon me by religious people. But put simoly, I dont think we can say yes or no, but there is certainly no evidence for a paticular god or religion, if there was, by nature of it being EVIDENCE we would all believe.

But that is just me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit