Raised On the Third Day?

by TTATTelder 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• never a jw
    never a jw

Breakfast of champions asked:

If a thousand years if as one day to god, what is three days?

If 365,250 human days (1,000 human years) correspond to 1 divine day, then 3 human days correspond to 8.22 E-06 Godly days, or 0.7 seconds of divine time

What's the big deal if a divine creature suffers for a fraction of a second (divine time). That make us humans really cheap. If God loved us, why was he willing to lend his son for a fraction of a second only. If you consider that that fraction of a second was for the salvation of millions, then my individual price (Jesus sacrifice) can be measured in nanoseconds. It gets worse, Jesus did not suffer for three human days, just three hours or so. So now divide by 24 whatever tiny number we got. I feel worthless

• Bart Belteshassur
    Bart Belteshassur

TTATTelder - "Everyone knew the resurrection was coming 3days later. It was prophised."

Christ says in Luke 24:44-46 "44. He now said to them: "These are my words which I spoke to youwhile I was yet with you, that all the things written in the law of Moses and in the Prophets and Psalms about me must be fulfilled." 45. Then he opened up their minds fully to graspthe meaning of the Scriptures. 46. and he said to them "In this way it is written that the Christ would suffer and rise from amoung the dead on the third day.

Can someone give me the reference to where this prophesy is written in the OT as I can find no reference to it myself? Does this mean that Jesus lied? Or was he referring to some different scriptures to the ones in the OT?

BB

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I thought this thread was about prices at JC Pennys.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit