stepmom died 2 weeks ago

by love2Bworldly 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Just thought I would share with everyone how my JW sister treats our family. My stepmother passed away 2 weeks ago, and had been in and out of the hospital. So my brother told my JW sister, and she came running to town (5 hour drive) and they didn't call me but did call my oldest sister who then called me.

The JW sister took what items she wanted and left town. When I sat down with an attorney 2 days ago to correspond with my father's trustee-- low and behold no one had informed the estate trustee that my stepmother had died. Within the hour, the Trustee rushed over to the house to take pictures of everything in the house and wants to do a walk through with me.

These are how grown up people in my family act. Very sad. I could care less about the material objects in the house, but of course they all think that I sent the Trustee over to take pictures (I didn't tell them to do that)

What's really sad, is that my father passed away 2 years ago, and I couldn't visit my stepmother due to my brother's behavior. He's a mean drunk & pothead who hasn't worked a job in many years and has no income, and I might add doesn't bathe regularly & sleeps all day. He was the caretaker of my parents. What a joke!

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

sorry, for the lose and for the way family is acting :(

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

There is no love in this organization unless you are "in". Sorry for your loss.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I don't think that's just a JW thing -- I hear stories all the time about how relatives act when someone dies. Greed.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Human greed comes in all shapes, sizes and... Religions.

Cruelty by family members, the same.

So sorry for your loss.

LoisLane

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

love2Bworldly, my condolences on the loss of your stepmom.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Sorry to hear of your loss. Isn't it amazing how people run and "help themselves" to the belongings of the one who died?

You can't choose your relatives......

• flipper
    flipper

LOVE2BWORLDLY- My wife and I send our deepest condolences on the loss of your stepmother. As well as for the loss of your father 2 years ago. I'm so sorry to hear your JW family is acting so boorishly and I hope the attorney goes to work and makes sure that everything is handled fairly. I've seen this happen in other JW families where they hang around like vultures waiting to pounce on the deceased possessions. Please know you are in our thoughts. Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Thanks for all your responses. I must say there is a lot of love on this website that is sadly missing from the so called "truth" organization that claims to follow Jesus' example.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Sorry for your loss. Many families show their greed during a death it doesn't really make a difference if they are JW or not. The one thing JWs often do as they don't feel the need to share the news of a death with non JW family members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit