Society stating they have no special Holy Spirit

by cognac 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LostGeneration
  • TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

I love the whole "we aren't inspired" "we aren't infallible" bit. (False humility.)

But you guys are "Jehovah's channel of communication on earth today"?

What's the damn difference? I guess the uneducated rank and file don't recognize when sombody is playing semantics.

Well I guess you won't mind if I questioned a few of your uninspired, possibly mistaken, not-infallible teachings at the next congregation meeting?

Also let me remind the GB what a channel of communication is. It is a direct messenger. Claiming to be GOD's channel is to say you are passing messages from God to us. How could you not be infallible? Are you saying God's messages are not infallible? That sounds like dangerous ground. Are you saying that you muddy the channel? Also dangerous ground. Do you add to and/or take away from the messages? Are you saying that the channel, like old tv sets, sometimes tunes in and sometimes doesn't? Sounds like you need to admit you are not what you claim to be.

Also a "body of truth" doesn't have to be refined. It is freaking true already, otherwise it's not a "body of truth" at all, it's a mixed bag of truth and falsehood. So if you are constantly refining a mixed bag of truth and falsehood, then why should anybody listen to you?

I can come up with my own mixed bag and I won't fool myself or anybody else into thinking God is speaking through me.

Just like you expect your followers to be 100% loyal to you, I expect my channel of communication from God to be 100% correct. That's kind of how it works.

• sd-7
    sd-7

It's the best of both worlds. Magisterium with a disclaimer and a shun gun* to back it up.

*To learn more about shun guns, see 'The Beast-Tower' article "Shun Guns--Are They For Christians?", or some such drivel, published by the Beast-Tower Liable and Frakked Society of New Coruscant, Inc.

--sd-7

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

After reading jus t some of Rutherford's Rainbow collection I do believe that HE was 'spirit directed'. The 'directing spirit' was 90 proof Canadian whiskey! He had to be in some sort of 'spirit directed', drunken stupor to write some of that hilarious stuff. Gotta give it to him though, he had a lot of us folled for a long time.---Just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Marked. i love how jwfacts has the little box about this. Huge wake up call for me.

To be directed by holy spirit is to be inspired.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit