Today I received my first ever birthday gift!

by NVR2L8 18 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

happy birthday, and many more...

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Thanks Jake...I'm am few years older than you and I no feel the need for speed...of course you have little control on how others drive...this is why I love the back roads.

• adamah
    adamah

Happy happy B-day!

• Blttex
    Blttex

Congratulations! Although being 32yo I had my first birthday this year. My non JW girlfriend (now my wife) planned a whole weekend for me. I've never put much stock in birthday celebrations until I actually experienced one. It was something I'll never forget! JWs like to make it out as a self centered celebration, but my experience was not self centered at all. Rather it was a shared experience. The excitement and enjoyment i saw in her was way more important and special to me than my own sense of self importance. Not celebrating birthdays takes away an opportunity for us to make others feel special.

• carla
    carla

Happy Birthday!

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear NVR2L8, happy birthday to you... And many more!!

Thanks for sharing your fun with us.

Bittex, You are so right. Planning and giving gifts to someone you love, is so much fun. I think the parties are often more exciting for the guests, than for the birthday person.

happy birthday to all you December babies!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Happy Birthday. I love celebrating important days. Receiving affirmation from others is nice. I also make special plans. In fact, I usually order a special birthday cake and a modestly priced but potable champagne. Sauterne has worked, too. I see a play or concert. The act of celebrating is the important thing. It feels good. It does not seem so bad as to warrant God striking me dead. My birthdays were celebrated secretly when I was a Witness. I love the open celebration.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Good for you. The gift of giving. Pass it on.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Great idea NSupply. She wants a new tablet...so it will be a Samsung Note 10.1 for Christmas!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit