Our teenagers first Christmas tree

by truthseekeriam 20 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Thank you. We really are enjoying the beauty of it all.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I clicked on this link to see the picture of your teenagers with their first Christmas tree.

Congrats.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I am so happy for you and your family . Doesn't it feel great to be moving on and slowly getting over the fear ? I remember feeling I had to hide the tree that first year. I look back now ,and feel a little silly .

My husband too was not to game for having a tree ,but oh my goodness what a couple of years of freedom have done for him ! He now decorates the whole house outside with a computer run music and light show ! He is out of control ....in a good way .

I am trying to make special memories with our adult kids .Sending each other presents , having them buy an ornament every year I can put up and save for each year . We search for vintage ornaments depicting the years we have missed . Family dinners ,baking cookies with younger relatives ect.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

My mom is now a JW, so my kids will never get to experience a Christmas with grandma... But it is what it is, as they say.

When we were growing up, we always made sugar cookies to celebrate the first snow. She would get out on that same Christmas album, and we would listen to it over and over, while we sang along and decorated cookies. It was a huge, messy great time.

We always got to open one present on Christmas Eve.

As adults (before the JW's ruined our only fun family event of the year), we used to put gag gifts in stockings... Pregnancy test for my sister, incontinence pads for my mom, strange little gizmos or "as seen on TV" gimmicks. Fake lotto tickets. Hahaha you get the idea.

Those really were the days.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

LOVE IT! I love Christmas, so I love to see exJDumbs enjoying the season. I love to drive around neighborhoods & look at the decorated houses. My parents were not JWs, so I have great Christmas memories until I joined that evil cult when I was 13.

Every year I used to drag out all the stuff my kids had made at school previous Christmases and cover the walls with them. I haven't done that one in a while. 3 years ago I had a really bad manic episode, so to cheer me up my husband put the Christmas tree up the day after Halloween-- we have kept this tradition, so my tree has been up now since November 1st!

• mrquik
    mrquik

I'm building a new house & have just the basement done. Still, I couldn't resist hanging lights on it. I still suck at wrapping presents. No practice at it for 60 years.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Congrats on the tree. Next year you should do a yard like troubled mind's. If she's not gonna post a link to youtube, I will

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecXME5fffnI

Next year would be appropriate to put up lights reading "ASK ME ABOUT 1914" since it will be the centennial!

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Next year would be appropriate to put up lights reading "ASK ME ABOUT 1914" since it will be the centennial!

Thanks dude. You just made me spit beer out my nose.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Wow!! Troubled mind's yard is wonderful!!

One step at a time :)

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

I put 2 small table top trees up as an experiment. No lighting strikes yet.

I usually decorate a small tree at work and put decorations up. (No one at work knows about my jw affliction.)

This year I realised there was no reason why I couldnt actually have my own tree in my own house.

My children are between 17 and 25 yrs. old and not baptised or believers. We never celebrated christmas. They are not sure how to react.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit