i am vocal visible apostate with a transgender kid i support publicly and i am getting HUGGED in public by an active witness; WHY??

by chickpea 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• chickpea
    chickpea

thanks, JWDers for the insights...

i actually felt blindsided by her actions, since when i left the cult, it was with the understanding i was a rotting corpse to those who once called me sister....

i guess i will never know her motivation because i have no intention of engaging with any of the cult members, unless they start the conversation with "i left..."

hope the upcoming season of whoop is good to all of you

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

There are a few good ones still in.

• Watkins
    Watkins

Obviously, Chickpea, you exude an overwhelming aura of huggableness, and she just couldn't help herself, you huggable thing, you!

It's strange, isn't it, that we don't expect a normal, human response from witnesses... well, we know what's been 'inculcated', so a normal response is an unexpected but pleasant surprise, so just feel good about it!

Love your bumper stickers.

W~

• Podobear
    Podobear

I was always taught: If in doubt,... chuck a bucket of love over it. It will soon put out the fires of hate and prejudice. Err on the right side of life. All power to your transgendered kiddie, and well done for standing by your child's side. Not all JWs are sucked in by the hate rhetoric of the Watchtower. It used to be that only out and out rebels, seeking to destroy the congregation were "shunned"... I am sure you are not that, and are standing up for the real "Truth". Maybe that is why she hugged you... will you reciprocate and let down your defences too?

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Seems simple. She is happy to see you, and knows nothing of the things you just told all of us. :)

• Violia
    Violia

Sounds like a CYA to cover any bad publicity in the future.

• JT speaks-out
    JT speaks-out

My mother could learn so much from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit