i am vocal visible apostate with a transgender kid i support publicly and i am getting HUGGED in public by an active witness; WHY??

by chickpea 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• chickpea
    chickpea

What is going on???

My initial withdrawal from the cult about 5 years ago or so, was as a fader, but now there is no doubt i am so over the cult, having publicly sat on the board of the local PFLAG chapter! my bumper stickers declare DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK and STOP THE VIOLENCE; LEGALIZE MARIJUANA (also a generic PFLAG sticker)... i am out and i aint coming back and i denounce the cult as a cult, i never call it anything else...

Today at the local food co-op a congregant saw me and bee-lined it over to HUG ME! SHE HUGGED ME IN PUBLIC and whispered in my ear "it is GOOD TO SEE YOU!"....

i have had the brief nod or mouthed hello in public settings before, from a variety of the local congregants but this is over the top

why am i not on the shit list??? i earned it!!!

• blondie
    blondie

Maybe she's learned something in 5 years.

• adamah
    adamah

Yeah, maybe she's having her doubts and knows you've "been there, done it" and got the bumper sticker.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Ummm! (grin) you could try hugging an elder and see if you get the same result.

Seriously - good on you for supporting your transgender child. Your good actions for your child will return you a 1000 fold.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Are you sure she is aware of your current situation? Maybe she has never seen your bumper stickers.

If she does know, maybe she just doesn't care. Many JWs are only in because of family.

• chickpea
    chickpea

when we were in, there were about 85 members, from several small towns.... so everyone knows everyone's business

maybe blondie is right, maybe she is on the verge of an awakening...

i dont really know what her motive was... more and more often, i realize i cannot think of the names of people i spent nearly 20 years associating with... i have not been keeping track of anyone's comings and goings... so i dont know who is in, who is faking, and who walked out the door for good

it is just downright bizarre to me that someone who knows where i live (we hosted bookstudy for 10 years, still in the same house) but hasnt said anything to me in 5 years is suddenly glad to see me.... (i did not return the sentiment)

• Simon
    Simon

Maybe some people actually get that the "Christian" approach is not to be judgemental.

• steve2
    steve2

Is this the way she greeted you before you left? Or is the hug-thing even new for her? Has she left? Do you think she would have been so demonstrative if other Witnesses were with her at the time she approached you?

I've known Witnesses who treat you one way when they're with Witnesses and a completely different and friendlier way when they're by themselves. You could always have asked her, "wassup girl?!"

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Maybe she's a human being.

• designs
    designs

You aren't born to hate, you have to sit through 10 years of Circuit Assemblies to really get the hang of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit