New here

by Brainfloss 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

Well,I have been lurking here for a couple of years. I was babtized at 16 for all of the wrong reasons and when I moved out after highschool I really never looked back, although I suppose I always thought it was the truth.

At 36 I met the love of my life. We were married and had a beautiful son. It was then that I decided I should do somthing about my responsibility to instill some spiritual heitage in my sons life. I talked with my wife about having a study with my parents which we did. We faithfully made it to all of the meetings for nearly two years I met with the elders and confessed my sins got privlidges back at least as far as commenting the whole bit. We never participated in fieldservice.

I have a brother who for the better part of my adult life has shunned me, although being disfellowshipped and reinstated himself. I have never been disfellowshipped and don't live and especially immoral life. When we were attending meetings I made every effort to get in touch with my brother to no avail. We even traveled to Atlanta to visit my sister only a few miles from where he lives and he declined to come over to visit. This kind of conditional love became more and more evident to my wife and I the longer we attended the kingdom hall we spoke of it on many occasions. My wife got pregnant with our second child she became very ill and we missed a little over a months worth of meetings and not one single call from anyone in the congregation. This really got to my wife and I and we never really returned with the same vigor as we previously had. we have now completely faded out over three years now and still not one call. my parents do however give us magzined on occasion.

Somewhere along the line I learned of the UN scandal with the WTBS. This started me researching and the rest, as they say, is history. I have tried to speak with my father about some of the issues that have been brought to my attention about the society and their many troublesome contridictions and behavours,but you know how that goes. At least he didn't sick the elders on me.

Thanks For having me.

Brainfloss

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, and the best of health for your little family.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi Brainfloss, You are among friends here. We understand what you have been through. It is nice that you are able to talk to your dad. That is a start. Too bad about your brother, though.

LoisLane

• BU2B
    BU2B

Welcome to the forum.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

WT love and acceptance is very conditional, isn't it?

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Welcome to the board. Glad you finally posted. Look forward to reading your future posts.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Welcome,,so glad you have had second thoughts before re-investing too much back into JWism again. Glad you are going through your thorough 'checkup' process now.

Strange that your brother is so standoffish. Maybe that you never had to go through the DF process, that he is jealous? Weird, no matter.

Glad too that your dad, is having no problem doing such a thing as reporting on you. Seems to be a little more circumstances that parents are not turning on their kids that are leaving JW life and beliefs. I hope that these parents who are soon enough going into their aging processes, are realizing they need their kids no matter.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Brainfloss, I'm glad that some of your JW family talks with you. If you want to maintain relationships with JW family and friends, I would recommend that you read Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones to Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"), visiting his website www.freedomofmind.com, and viewing his videos on his website.

Best of wishes living a happy life free of the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• cofty
    cofty

Hi Brainfloss welcome. Its great to hear that you and your wife and family have successfully faded without too much pressure from others.

Its often the lack of genuine love rather than doctrinal issues that makes people think.

Look forward to your posts.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Thanks for sharing your story -- and welcome to JWN!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit