I Want Your Thoughts On This: A 80 Year Old Man Lost His Wife....

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

I agree with OTWO in this: A lot of people stick together although they have troubles with eachother. In some situations people do this to keep the peace in a family (just as some stick with the JW-religion). They probably already had the mourning process within their marriage and can easily date after death. It sometimes is just the way it is.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

The wife has been sick for a year and she passed away in October.

Now, the 80 year old man is like a teenager with this woman, making out in public places with this woman and introducing her to family and friends as his new girlfriend that he "loves".

The father's family thinks this is weird and are concerned about it.

The fella has been grieving for his wife ever since she became ill a year previously. Her death was the culmination of all that.

The fact that he now seeks out the company of another lady is actually a compliment to his dead wife. It indicates that he had a close relationship with her and that he needs to be in a close relationship. Lots of people need that.

I've seen a similar situation in my own social circle. The only people who couldn't handle it were the much younger generation who seemd to think that the widower's lot was now to be nothing but sackcloth and ashes.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The PO in our former KH about 20 years ago lost his unbelieving wife in death. The 'witness' memorial was conducted by an elder in which he repeated several times how much love existed between our JW PO and his (unbelieving) wife. Less than 3 months later this PO,who deeply loved his unbelieving wife, was remarried to a JW 'sister'. The only problem I had with this was, that he and his new JW wife had been working together secularly for several years. It put the congregation "on it's ear": so to speak. It just seemed weird to all of us but I'm not judging---just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• minimus
    minimus

Very balanced comments!

• Heath N
    Heath N

Oh, LisaRose, you said "Bonus points if he can still drive at night", I hope you didn't mean a car.....HA HA.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Being alone is very hard for many people. We don't know how long his wife perhaps has even been able to be the person he fell in love with. was she sick? Did she have any dimentia?

Peoples lives are too complex to wrap up in a paragraph. Maybe he is an unfeeling cad, and maybe he is a great person who loved his wife, and has sought a relationship witht his woman above him. Who the hell knows!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit