Love is a stupid bunch of chemicals released to ensure that we have kids

by usualusername 23 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername
    usualusername

Love is a stupid bunch of chemicals released to ensure that we have kids so believe many an evolutionist (God Delusion)

Whilst I dont believe in a God I find that reasoning hard to believe.

What do you think love is?

Paul

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Exactly that. I call it a chemical trap.

• cofty
    cofty

I think that is a gross over simplification. What page is that in the God Delusion?

Its like saying that appreciating a masterpiece is nothing more than photons acting on opsins in our retina.

Its an example of reductio ad absurdum

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

sadly thats what ppl who accept evoultion have to believe. nothing sacred, just a ploy of sorts to pass on genes.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

sadly thats what ppl who accept evoultion have to believe. nothing sacred, just a ploy of sorts to pass on genes.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Not quite USR, I thought this when I was a god fearing JW.

Love is a very broad spectrum, so yes it is a very simplistic view to have about it (or certain parts of it).

• cofty
    cofty

Unstop - do you read replies before you post?

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

I love my dog, my dog loves me. Does that mean we want to have puppies?

• DS211
    DS211

Hahaha cap'n! thats beastiality and i think its illegal...i looked it up. In. A. Book.

But if thats the way the chemicals move ya.... ;-)

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

As a believer who accepts evolution as true, it seems important to distinguish between different sorts of love. Also there is to my mind an important difference between how something works and why it works. On top of this, what the brain does and what the conscious experience of what the brain does is also a crucial issue, as it drives to the heart of the materialist paradigm and other more open minded theories of what comprises existence in this universe. The hard problem of consciousness points to a clue also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit