What are the best questions?

by MissyM 36 Replies latest jw friends

• MissyM
    MissyM

What would you say are the best questions to ask a JW which they will not be able to answer and may make them question their beliefs?

What (if you are a former JW) made you question the "truth"?

• Londo111
    Londo111

Have them read Matthew 28:18.

Then ask, if Jesus got all power and authority upon his resurrection, how could he get any more in 1914?

As for me, it was research into 607 BC. However, before that, I came to the realization that the Organization was not practicing Christianity 101.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

The fact you cannot exit this religion without being shunned. That is NOT Christian. What is the basis of that garbage rule.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

In Mark 10:17-22, what is said about what the man needs to do to be saved? (Allow for a response.)

Then why are we told that preaching is what is needed instead of this?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Like Terry said yesterday regarding JW's--the "TRUTH"(tm);

If it's "TRUTH", why does it need to change (nulite)tm

If it needs to change, was it ever---the "TRUTH"?

eyeuse2badub

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Revelation 2:1-12 - Doesn't mention "new" scrolls, and those scrolls are NOT opened during Christ's 1000 year reign - they are opened after Satan is destroyed!

Deuteronomy 29:10-15 - Foreigners WERE commanded by God to be in the Law Covenant!

Ask a Witness who are Christ's brothers and Sons of God, at this moment in time? They will tell you that it's only those Witnesses with the "heavenly hope". Then ask them to read what the Bible really teaches!!

(Matthew 12:50) whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother."

(Matthew 13:38) The field is the world; as for the fine seed, these are the sons of the kingdom;

(Mark 3:35) Whoeverdoes the will of God, this one is my brother and sister and mother."

(Luke 8:21) In reply he said to them: "My mother and my brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it."

(John 1:12,13) However, as many as did receive him, to them he gave authority to become God’s children.

(John 15:14) YOU are my friends if YOU do what I am commanding YOU.

(Rom. 8:14) For all who are led by God’s spirit, these are God’s sons.

(1 John 5:1) Every one who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God.

(Revised Standard Version)

• Island Man
    Island Man

"Since God's spirit directed imperfect bible writers to record a flawless collection of books - the bible - don't we have valid reason to expect that a spirit directed organization of imperfect men would also publish flawless spiritual food? Why is Jehovah's spirit incapable of doing for the organization what it did for imperfect bible writers of old?"

• Island Man
    Island Man

"In luke 21:8, Jesus told his followers not to go after those claiming "the time is at hand" (according to ESV). You know, C.T. Russel actually made predictions to that effect. In fact he even wrote a book with such predictions entitled "The Time Is At Hand!". How exactly does Jesus' warning not apply to following him and following an organization started by him and which went on to make other "time is at hand" predictions long after his death?"

• Island Man
    Island Man

"You know, the Reasoning Book has a very interesting section on False Prophets and how to identify them. But I found one thing odd: Nowhere in that entire section is Deuteronomy 18:21,22 cited, quoted or discussed. It's hard to believe it was just a mere oversight because Deuteronomy 18:20 is discussed! So why did they go out of their way to omit discussing verses 21 and 22?"

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

for me one of the most important points was 607. question: can you show me one single history book that dates the destruction of jerusalem at 607 bc?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit