Is ingratitude and education inversely proportionate?

by abiather 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• abiather
    abiather

Bible describes ingratitude as one of the characteristics of “Last Days.” “People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money ….ungrateful….” etc. (2 Timothy 3:2) It seems this prophecy about people becoming ungrateful is having its fulfillment more than 100%.

1. I was watching an interview on the TV the other day. When asked why you stopped film-making and Film-direction, the former Film-director (who has directed over 30 POPULAR movies with family theme—and he himself was the story-writer for most of those movies), he said: “I had highlighted one social theme in each of my films—with something for people to learn. I thought I was doing a great favor to the people. That was an illusion! When I got a National Award, many unknown people conveyed their congratulation, using various means. Most noteworthy among them was one former film actor, who was on his death-bed due to partial paralysis. He was always on villain role in the movies. I have never used him in my movies, and he has no selfish motive in congratulating me, yet he DID!

Yet none of the 18 heroines I introduced into the film-world (all of them became very popular later) through my films took the trouble of conveying to me their feelings!

Thus I learned that the good continue to be good whereas others continue to behave the way they like no matter how much good lessons are being made available to them!
    2. When I heard his conclusion, I just remembered my colleague. He took a huge Education Loan from the Bank to help his only son with his Engineering study. Once the son got employed in a prestigious corporation and began to draw huge salary, the son made a habit of quarrelling with his Dad on too petty family issues like washing the vessel …. and so on) with the intent of separation (and with the ulterior motive of dumping the burden of repayment of loan to his Dad). Now both are separated. His Dad, a long-time widower, lives alone! Son did not bother to repay even the first installment of the loan he made use of!

Is ingratitude and education inversely proportionate?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Depends what you mean by education. I'd say it is because education broadens your mind. Yet the people running this country are educated as lawyers most of them and are dicks.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Thus I learned that the good continue to be good whereas others continue to behave the way they like no matter how much good lessons are being made available to them!

You just answered your own question: "No" at the very best and "false analogy" at the very worst. It is like asking "is constipation and serial killing inversely proportionate?"

Farkel

• abiather
    abiather

Increased knowledge (I mean school education) would have made people more cultured and grateful, in addition to making them learn a a skill. But now we are forced to ask:

Is education and ingratitude directly proportionate?

• Farkel
    Farkel

Your blatherings, er, I mean "musings" continue:

:Increased knowledge (I mean school education) would have made people more cultured and grateful, in addition to making them learn a a skill.

How did you derive that education = grateful?

:But now we are forced to ask:

:Is education and ingratitude directly proportionate?

No, we are not "forced" to ask anything except perhaps, "do you know what a false analogy is?"

So, you've now asked "is education and ingratitude inversely proportionate" as well as "is education and ingratitude directly proportionate", which pretty much covers all the bases.

The only question you have NOT asked is "does education and ingratitude have anything to do with each other?"

Even the smallest smidgeon of heuristics can answer that question: are most educated people less grateful or more grateful than most uneducated people, and/or are most uneducated people less grateful or more grateful than educated people?

Even an idiot like me can answer that one: gratitude and education have about as much in common as the Watchtower Corporation has with printing anything but lies.

Farkel

• abiather
    abiather

Farkel

Thank you for the inputs.

The whole point is not about the connection between education and ingratitude—its just a thought-provoking question!

The point is this: Something somewhere is dangerously lacking, making Bible prophecy accurate!

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Abiather - you have used a single anecdote to draw a far reaching conclusion as evidence for your claim that bible prophecy is accurate - are you moonlighting on here when your day job is writing lead articles for the Watchtower and Awake publications? Fraz

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

"The point is this: Something somewhere is dangerously lacking, making Bible prophecy accurate!"

With leaps of logic like that, you will end up in a mental hospital.

Either, stop and think, or stop thinking.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Abiather:

Concerning "the last days," and what time period they occupy per the NT writers view, I posted some research here, and here, and here.

Take Care

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I think it is an inflated self worth, and a percieved reduced view of worth of those around, that creates ingratitude in a person.

Hollywood types are usually plagued with it, as are politicians and from what I have seen. some JWs, upper level and even R&F. When the surroundings promote the inflated self worth, then the ingratitude usually follows IMHO.

Education level is not relevant. Ego level is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit