Sneaky introduction advice from Dec KM

by Splash 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• schlick
    schlick

This kind of stuff just proves that they are a cult. No real believer in the Christ and God would ever hide the holy book from people just to get them in their religion. steve2, that just proves our point. If it was the true religion of God, then they would have no need to snip the bible because they have the truth. Plus the bible is suppose to be the basis of all their beliefs and the word of god.

• steve2
    steve2

Schlick, nice one. How often do you do the very thing you expect the JWs to do if they had the true religion? At least they're doing a whole lot more than the people who accuse them of being false.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Maybe it's time for them to be honest. Use the Talmud, the LIE-ble, and the Quran together. Between those three pieces of litterary trash, they should be able to find something.

• blondie
    blondie

One CO told the pioneers to go to the door with the magazines/book in hand...not the bible

Next CO said to have the bible in hand not the publications

One CO said not to identify yourself immediately as a jw

Next CO said to identify yourself as a jw right away, naming God's name before they said "not interested"

• schlick
    schlick

Suppose you are right, Steve. But of course you can do tons of work and it will not mean anything at all and that goes with the witnesses because they are false prophets. Trying to conceal the most popular book in history and the sacred word of god is just unethical to me for people who claim that they are the one true religion of the world. I see where you are coming from, but the followers of the sect are only doing all that stuff because the governing body instructs them. Sure they believe it is all god's work but we know it is not. The people on here do a good job of finding information without restriction unlike the witnessess, in which most are pushing themselves roughly in order to please their leaders and, or demonstrate they're faithfulness to their god of good.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

All religions and organizations with something to sell have a vested interest in prioritizing what they tell you in the first instance.

But JWs pride themselves on being different from all other religions.

• Calebs Airplane
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I wonder if they'll ever go to completely denying they're a religious group until people are hooked. Apparently that's how the moonies got steve hassan in.

Now that I'm thinking about it, denying that we were there to convert people was one of my first WTF moments. I just could never wrap my head around it. I remember asking my father about that point when I was like 10, after watching him say "we're not here to convert you" to someone at the door. He said, no we're just here to talk to people about the bible and help them gain understanding. Once they understand the bible they'll want to get baptized on their own. Then the next meeting they're up there preaching to us to get out there and make disciples. Of course I pressed down my confusion like a good boy, but I never once was able to tell someone I wasn't there to convert them, and anytime someone said it, it bothered my conscience.

• prologos
    prologos

In a 'foreign' language area, where the clergy got the populace to reject the 'AWAKE", and the bible, and the wt, a mag with the title "DO YOU KNOW" was proffered by jws at the doors.

Any way to satisfy the need to what we thought WAS right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit