Sneaky introduction advice from Dec KM

by Splash 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Splash
    Splash

It says on page 1 par. 3 in the Q&A item
    "Where people belong to a non-Christian religion, or to no religion at all, it may be better to mention the Bible on a return visit, rather than at the outset. - Acts 17:22-31"

So the advice is to hide the fact we use the Bible now?

Calebs sister was chastised for NOT having a Bible in her bag!

Splash

• pixel
    pixel

It's all about "Theocratic war".

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

This would be similar to the "theocratic war" tactics used in Mexico, at least until the time the GB got their hands on some property.... It's called a bait and switch. If Christianity is true, and you are speaking truth, then why hide your intentions? Do you believe or not? Is the Holy Spirit really leading you in your preaching or not? If JEHOVAH is drawing ones to him, then it only makes sense to tell the truth immediately!

Sample presentation:

HI!! I am DATA-DOG (wink!) I am a here to talk about something wonderful that I found in GOD's word, the Bible. [ Then talk about Christianity....] I want YOU to be a Christian too. [ Notice that I did not say ," I am not here to convert you.", like JWs will, which is a lie.]

If you believe something, then why not say so? Could it be that the GB knows most dubs cannot handle real persecution? The Org is held together by forced conformity, not love. Perhaps the GB know that the R&F [ besides knowing very little about the Bible] can't handle the pressure?? This way the dubs keep "preaching" without experiencing real persecution. We all know that "persecution" is someone saying, " No Soliciting", " Not Interested!!" or " Get Lost!" There hasn't been any persecution since the days of Rutherford. That's why they have to keep those stories alive, it'a all they have! Today, "persecution" is having Wal-Mart tell you they would prefer that you don't block the sidewalk with your rolly-cart, or missing the 10:30 deadline for breakfast at McDonalds because of Sister Zealous' stupid RV.

DD

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

It's the tactics JWs have been using since the begging, trick people into the truth and then once they are in tell them all the lies and mistruths you didnt tell them in the beggining and that now they are stuck and can't leave, because if they do they will be disfellowshipped and disowned!!! SMH!!!

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

DD, been there. The thought of yummy EggMacs being dumped out at 10:31 is too much to bear! Thanks alot Sister Zealous.

• alanv
    alanv

Ray Franz the ex governing body member said that when missionaries were sent to new lands who had several different religions, they should start of with the 'Christian religions', presumabily because it would be a lot easier to convert them.

• Simon
    Simon

So they go to preach people the message in the bible without mentioning the bible to people?

That fits in with their beliefs - they are really there to promote the WatchTower and the publishers of it.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Yes we need to lie about why we are there, or we can not canvass the WTBTS brand properly. We can love bomb them and recruit that way. It does not matter what the bible really teaches anyway since we obey the GB. Kate xx

• steve2
    steve2

Oh come on: Unscramble the bloody eggs.

All religions and organizations with something to sell have a vested interest in prioritizing what they tell you in the first instance. Did you know that some of those nice geneology sites advertised on TV are owned and operated by Mormons? That some of that yummy healthy food in supermarkets is marketed by 7th-Day Adventists? That pentecostals don't tell you before going to their services that they will behave like they're having orgasms during their tongue-speaking contortions during worship?

So the JWs attempt to mindfully introduce the Bible. Oh what sinister motives they hide! Not.

Even children know how to word requests so that Mom and Dad are more likely to say "Yes".

It's called being "astute" and increasing the likelihood of a desired outcome.

I'd be concerned though if the witnesses studied with me for, like, months on end, and suddenly whipped out a book they call - shock! horror! - the Bible. Hey, where does that fit in man? You expect me to read that stodge?!

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

in my experience the quickest way to bring doorstep proceedings to a halt was to produce a bible.........in full view.....aaaarrrrggghh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit