Going Back for the Right Reasons

by startingover13 28 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hubby recently visited his old congregation where they treated him quite badly. The elders never forgave him for lying to them. Hubby reflected if he had been honest with the elders from the first it would have all worked out. I reminded him if he had been honest with them from the first (the same thing you were DF'd for), he would have been DF'd and it would have taken years longer to be accepted back in to their good graces.

Nothing good ever came out of confessing to the elders.

• scary21
    scary21

I wish all JW thought like you. In fact, I wish The GB did ! I don't think that will ever happen. You may have to leave the org. to serve God.

Sherry

• steve2
    steve2

It's great you have been courageous enough to not only check out your beliefs but also share your conclusions with us. Thanks startingover13. All the best for yourself and your wife to be.

• designs
    designs

There will be an Assembly in the future where you will want to run screaming up the aisle and out into the parking lot. And we'll be there for you.

True Friends

• garyneal
    garyneal

Good luck to you, whatever path you take.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome startingover13, Do you know that one of your fundamental beliefs that God's name is Jehovah is a falsehood? If you independently research the name Jehovah, you will learn that it is not God's name and that Rutherford thought it was a catchy brand to call Biblestudents Jehovah's Witnesses instead of Biblestudents to differenciate WTBTS Biblestudents from the BibleStudents who left the WTBTS from 1916 to 1930.

Best of wishes in critically thinking for yourself and having a happy marriage with your GF.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• friendaroonie
    friendaroonie

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing. You are truly lucky your earthly father stood his ground and remained in your corner even after you were dfd. So I hope you continue to share your story as it unfolds. Its a bit of a cliff hanger so far. "What does he mean by "go back?" Is he going to go through the process of reinstatement into the watchtower organization? What does he mean by christian and his household serving jehovah? Will he raise his kids to be jws and just be sort of the rebel family in the hall that just have an expansive bible conscience or will he attend some other church or will he be a lone christian with no church affiliation?" Fill us in brother, and god bless you.

• DS211
    DS211

i am also on this road...but i will also allow my children to examine all angles of existence, meaning, Science and evolution. Science and evolution are the new "spiritism". And yet they exist as real laws and rules like physics and gravity or the speed of light. Now in science we constantly nreakthrough and find new things...jesus said keep on seking and you will find. We find science qnd math and laws and boundaries in many things. i will teach my kids to open their minds to teuth in all forms....thats my road.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome to starting over and pelican.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit