No wonder most of of you guys think us jw's are idiots

by nowwhat? 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper

NOW WHAT ? - Welcome to the board. JW's aren't idiots- just mind controlled to beconditioned to listen to everything coming from WT leaders as the " gospel truth " - and it's not, not at all. They are being duped by WT leaders , deceived for WT leaders own designs and purposes.

In the 1970's I too was a JW then who was told I'd be so " blessed " allegedly - because I'd never have to raise up children in the " old system of things " . Well here I am in 2013, almost 2014 at 54 years of age with 3 adult children in their mid to late 20's . It's a good thing I exited the Witnesses 10 years ago or I'd have wasted my whole life on a pipedream. Ridiculous. I'm glad your mind is open to these things. Now you may want to consider another life hobby other than being a JW. Just a thought

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just wait on Jehovah. Yeah, this happened to me. I just knew that all Christians were domestics and that there was no FDS class since 33c.e, and that the GB were NOT over all the belongings! All I had to do was wait and see it in the WT magazine!! Yay!! You see? It really is da troof!!!

DD

• CADSkin
    CADSkin

Social changes are expected when it comes to religion but there really shouldn't be so many doctrinal changes.

• Black Man
    Black Man

Bookmarked

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

When I asked the obvious questions regarding the about face of the 'we believe no we don't truth' I was told the Devil puts these questions into our head because it's what the Devil loves to do in order to try and make us not believe anymore in the truth.

All of which goes to prove the Governing Body like to screw up minds like they screw up their doctrine.

In a court of law giving evidence calls for giving the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth that means no ifs no buts.

• steve2
    steve2

Well, they are not called Jehovah's Waiters without good reason. Wait on Jehovah.

• Watkins
    Watkins

To get any kind of traction overseas, missionaries from other churches will have had to laid the groundwork first (introducing the bible, etc.). So that the Witnesses can present their anti-message.

jgnat, I've been saying that for YEARS! The jw answer: "Oh, but none of them had THE TRUTH!"

ARRGGGHHHH!!!!

W~

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

JW's are not idiots. Most of us used to BE JWs. What JWs are is lost, confused and deluded. Just wrong. We have all been wrong about a lot of things in our lives-sometimes we see it immediately, sometimes we need a little time to grasp it and some of us hang on to factually wrong ideas until the day we die.

That is just human. There are a lot of factors that make us blind/deaf/and clueless, some of them are overcome eventually, some of us are just too damaged-so that in some ways we function beautifully and at high levels, and other areas we seem learning disabled. We all have a weak spot. As most of us were at one time JWs, we have a clue as to what that place feels like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit