No wonder most of of you guys think us jw's are idiots

by nowwhat? 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

as a teenager back in the 1970's i once asked the question, how can they declare peace and security if the king of the north [soviet union] is to storm with many chariots? i got the "what kind of question is that?" response.

then in the 1980's i said "if it wasn'nt for the 1914 generation dying off, i don't see the slightest indication that babylon the great is going to be destroyed anytime soon. "things can develop overnite" was the company answer.

then in 1995 when the 1914 generation got thrown out the window, it was no big deal to everyone i knew. so i took the wait on Jehovah for clarification approach.

what did we get? "overlapping generations!"

• Simon
    Simon

If you don't like the current beliefs then don't worry ... there'll be some new ones arriving soon to replace them.

It is strange how so many people can be so adamant about what they believe but then instantly switch without blinking an eye.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

And they wonder why some turn against them...?

With a track record of nil for successful prophecy, it takes huge amounts of spin and revisionist history to pacify the rank and file.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

It is strange how so many people can be so adamant about what they believe but then instantly switch without blinking an eye.

Not only that, but many JW's beliefs are so negative & destructive. (no blood, shunning, no higher education, etc.) Also it seems like the JW belief system tends to lead to more dysfunction in families.

It is ironic that a religion that prides itself on being "the truth" changes beliefs so much. LOL

• life is to short
    life is to short

I was always told that if I had a question about something just to wait on Jehovah and if I was right there would be some new light on it when I was in my early 20's and at Bethel. I was told to remember this brother who was super faithful who had a burning problem with something but he just waited on Jehovah and 20 years latter on the front of a WT was the answer to his question and it was the way he had always felt. So Jehovah blessed him for waiting and not running ahead of the slave. (what ever)

Stuipidly I beleived it for so long even though it truly did not make sense.

LITS

• Zoos
    Zoos

i don't see the slightest indication that babylon the great is going to be destroyed anytime soon. "things can develop overnite" was the company answer.

"With a swift pitch..." was the phrase I heard most often. “You won't even see it coming. Kind of like the airplanes hitting the twin towers. Nobody saw it coming."

Mmm... "swift pitch" and "unexpected" are not really in the same category.

• jgnat
    jgnat

At one time I described the Witnesses as the anti-religion. It is less defined by what it believes than by all the things it doesn't believe in. No smoking. Anti-Catholic. No trinity. No passing of the plate. No Sunday School.

To get any kind of traction overseas, missionaries from other churches will have had to laid the groundwork first (introducing the bible, etc.). So that the Witnesses can present their anti-message.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Your questions fall under the "pet-peeves and foolish questionings" category, according to my C.O. This category is so powerful, that it can take you out of "THE TRUTH." Jehovah is no match for pet-peeves and questions.

DD

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

J.W's in the main are not idiots. They are duped and mind controlled. Held captive by lack of information and by emotional shackles.

When eventually freed, most look back and say "How on earth could I have believed all that nonsense for so long ?", but the answer is not ones stupidity, but a common fault with most humans, an over-willingness to believe, and to believe without question, or without insisting on answers to questions.

Once we are free we can see just how strange and unreal the JW world is. I was talking to a neighbour of mine at lunch today, she congratulated me on waking up in the end, and summed up the JW/WT scam as "Bizarre".

Whilst inside the WT Bubble it is hard to appreciate just how bizarre it all is.

• adamah
    adamah

WMF said-

With a track record of nil for successful prophecy, it takes huge amounts of spin and revisionist history to pacify the rank and file.

Actually, it takes very little effort, since it'll quickly be forgotten and anyone who asks about it is looked down upon as being "weak in their faith", since the topic of changed doctrines is verboten amongst JWs (or dismissed with "they're only human", which is missing the point that they claim to be spirit-directed by God).

They don't even have to engage in revisionism per se, since all faithful will simply let them off the hook, since JWs have to give themselves permission to see the ugly truth.

N. Korea's Kim Jong Un apparently kicked his uncle out of the inner-circle recently, and already he's been removed from official photos and video documentaries:

http://nypost.com/2013/12/09/kim-jong-uns-uncle-erased-from-the-government/

That's one of the 'benefits' of adopting a belief system where you only believe what you want to believe (or, what you're told to believe): the GB is doing all the tiresome and laborious work of thinking for the rank-and-file, so they free up their minds to fantasize about their 'reward' in the New System.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit