DECEPTIVE CROSS-REFERENCING IN NWT

by The Searcher 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

In order to "Scripturally justify" J.F. Rutherford's rebranding of the Bible Students by the creation of a designer name which made them stand out from other Bible Students, the NWT deceptively misuses a verse to perpetuate the falsehood of the unscriptural name, "Jehovah's" Witnesses!

(James 2:7) "They blaspheme the fine name by which YOU were called,* do they not?"

*This is cross-referenced with..............(John 17:6) "I have made your (Jehovah's) name manifest........." FALSE!!!!!!!!

Why isn't it truthfully and accurately cross-referenced with -

(1 Peter 4:14,16) "If YOU are being reproached for the name of Christ, YOU are happy ..........But if [he suffers] as a Christian, let him not feel shame, but let him keep on glorifying God in this name.

and

(Acts 11:26) "and it was first in Antioch that the disciples were by divine providence called Christians."

Every Christian was to witness for Christ - not for God!!

Matt. 10:18; Mark 13:9; Acts 1:8; John 1:15; John 5:37; John 8:18; John 15:26,27; Acts 10:39; Acts 10:43; Acts 11:26; Acts 13:31; Acts 22:15;

Acts 22:20; Acts 23:11; Acts 26:16; 1 Cor. 1:6; 1 Tim. 2:6,7; 2 Tim. 1:8; 1 John 5:9; Rev. 1:9; Rev. 12:17; Rev. 17:6; Rev. 19:10; Rev. 20:4.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Well spotted Searcher. That's why they are called Christian's. They are Christ's Witnesses. Hahaha lovely catch. Kate xx

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Even while I was in and an active JW I noticed this method being used in the cross references, mind you, they had such an abundance of references in the big Bible that you could easily miss what they were up to.

With all the little bits of wakefulness I had over the years, I still kick myself for not completely waking up until I did. How did I bear the Cognitive Dissonance for so long ?

If they are dishonest in something so seemingly small then........

• Perry
    Perry

Oh no..... my head is spinning again!

I NEED TO SIT DOWN.

Now, that's better. Sitting down makes remembering my WT lobotomy a little easier.

• Splash
    Splash

This will only increase with the use of epub publications on tablets.

With these you simply tap the cited verse and it pops up in isolation - no context around it.

Splash

• Zoos
    Zoos

marked

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• prologos
    prologos

WT does not do Crossreferencing, it is

STAKEreferencing, going straight to the fitting connection, for so much is at stake.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Thought they would cross reference this verse to Jehovah instead of Jesus after all they taight us that it refer to Jehovah. NOT!

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

(Acts 11:26) "and it was first in Antioch that the disciples were by divine providence called Christians."

Wow.... WTF? I never noticed that before. They use Isaiah to back up the name JW's but insist that they are modeled after the First Century Congregation.... CALLED CHRISTIANS! Holy Siht. Good catch, seriously.. WTF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit