VERY CONFIDENTIAL LETTER - Child abuse 10/01/2012

by WatchTower87 53 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Committeechairman, I won't say anymore on the matter because you saw it work. I don't want to say that calling "Mother" first is always a bad thing. If Mother's interest was to make sure that the first priority was to the welfare of an alledged victim, and the second priority was to the reaction to the alledged predator, then the third priority was to comply with all laws (as laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction) and the protection of the organization was left to Jehovah to worry about, then FINE AND DANDY. I fecognize that there are no easy answers in these situations.

It's just that we already know from wonderful people like Barbara Anderson and others that first priority is the organization, second and third (debatable which is before the other) are reaction to the alledged predator (in order to protect the first priority) and how best to be in compliance with the law (and still protect the first priority), and alledged victims are dealt with as a last priority. Whether the victim contributed to the situation even takes priority over the victim's welfare.

• flipper
    flipper

Bump this thread to the top. Gotta go to work but I guarantee you I'll chime in on it tomorrow when I get back from out of town work. Incredible how WT leaders try to hide child abuse

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

@OnTheWayOut, Spot on!

I have been there not too long ago and my child was certainly last priority.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The first priorty should always be to protect the victim, and to get professional help for the victim. Everything else can wait till that is done.

Second should be alerting the Police to make sure the perpetrator does not cover his tracks and coerce potential witnesses, even the victim of course.

Third, they can do what they like, 'phone Legal dept etc, if needed.

The first two are moral obligations that any Christian would carry out, regardless of what any law says, or does not say.

• outinthemeadows
    outinthemeadows

Lets face facts.....that letter was written to protect the Borganisation not to protect the victim, elders or anyone else. The letter is a disgusting peice of evidence that the borganisation is corrupt through and through......

• rubbeng
    rubbeng

marked

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Destroy the incriminating evidence is the first paragraph of this letter. $28,000,000 lawsuit in Fremont, California that is in apeals no doubt forces the Governing Bodys hand in this one not protect the children.

Dear Brothers:

1. This letter updates the letters to all bodies of elders regarding child abuse dated August 1, 1995; March 14, 1997; July 20, 1998; April 1, 2004; June 5, 2006; and May 24, 2010. Those letters should be removed from the congregation permanent file of policy letters and be destroyed. No one should keep originals or copies of any of those letters.

But as usually the Governing Body is very sloppy and too late the paper trail already exists. They are a dollar short and more than a day late on this one and now they are trying to minimize the damage, but it is too late.

2. Additionally, much fine direction has been included in the Shepherding textbook. Thus, elders should first consult the Shepherding textbook and review the Scriptural principles in-volved. They should thereafter study the additional points outlined in this letter. As you review this letter, please note that paragraphs 3-7 set forth legal concerns regarding accusations of child abuse. Paragraphs 8-20 set forth congregational concerns. This letter should be carefully consulted any-time a matter involving child abuse arises.

The GB give themselves a nice pat on the back on information given to elders in the past on this matter but fail to mention their past mistakes which is a form of denial, and add this to the fact that they think they are running God's earthly Organizaton, delusional as well not a very good cause for confidence. In other words

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

From first-hand experience: they don't care one whit about the victim or the victim's family.

They want it kept quiet locally, they don't want the police informed, and they don't want the victim's family to tell anyone in the congregation.

The long-term abusers are protected by the phony 2-witness rule while little children are molested over and over again. No consideration is given to the damage that is done to them.

Hateful organization deserves to be monetarily cleaned out and then shut down.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

CC, the proper procedure was not followed.

Call the police first, at accusations of child sexual abuse.

Yes, in your case, you are saying they said call the cops.

But they give themselves the option, don't they; otherwise, they would just say call the police and let them sort it out.

They STILL want to be between the accused, the victims, the law and the elders; later, they will deny deny deny that they had anything to do with it.

They are truly evil in this matter; they have NOT changed.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

committeechairman - You talk in defense of the "society" ?

You believe the "Governing Body" is the "sole channel " that Jehovah

chose as his "faithful and discreet slave class" ? And you are in

"Gods Organization" ? You believe this dont you ? You do realize the

book The Finished Mystery, is suppose to be the identifying publication

that establishes the WT faithful and dicreet slave class as God's representives ?

You should get a copy of this book and read it. I have a copy I obtained 30 years

ago here are some of the wonderful things contained in this book ( that is no longer

available in KH libraries )

https://ia600400.us.archive.org/20/items/TheFinishedMystery/1917_The_Finished_Mystery_1918_edition.pdf

This book is available on line form Amazon as free download and in hardcopy complete with Egyptian Wings of Isis on the cover.

here is a sample page 230

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit