Atheist Collection Plate?

by ablebodiedman 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• adamah
    adamah

ABM said-

Atheists do worship a god. They themselves imagine they know the answers and can even make them up on the fly!

It is THE original sin:

Genesis 3:5

For God knows that in the very day of YOUR eating from it YOUR eyes are bound to be opened and YOU are bound to be like God, KNOWING good and bad."

Uh, God himself acknowledged humankind HAD become "like Gods" after eating the forbidden fruit, where their eyes HAD been opened, and they gained insight into knowing good from bad (AKA having a moral sense).

But that begs the question:

How did Adam and Eve know that disobeying God was wrong BEFORE they ate the fruit that granted the eater the wisdom to discern good from bad?

See the problem with the storyline?

And if it's a sin to use one's morality, then EVERY human alive is in deep doo-doo, too, including Xians, for they go on and on about how man's moral compass is "flawed" and cannot be trusted, but then how did you make the determination that your own moral compass is not to be trusted, and God's moral sense IS in fact trust-worthy without relying on your same admittedly "flawed" sense of morality?

Could you be wrong about God possessing superior moral character, since you had to make that determination by relying on your own moral compass (the one which you claim cannot be trusted)?

Adam

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Adam,

See the problem with the storyline?

And if it's a sin to use one's morality, then EVERY human alive is in deep doo-doo, too, including Xians, for they go on and on about how man's moral compass is "flawed" and cannot be trusted, but then how did you make the determination that your own moral compass is not to be trusted, and God's moral sense IS in fact trust-worthy without relying on your same admittedly "flawed" sense of morality?

I think EVERY human alive is already in deep doo-doo including Xians!

When I look around at what is happening in the world the result of what I see must measure the value of what the most intelligent people are thinking.

If it is not the result of what they are thinking then the most intelligent people are not intelligent enough to make a difference!

On the other hand, I see very few people attempting to do what Jesus Christ said to do.......... including Xians.

We are already reaping the consequences of decisions made by people who think they have a better solution than the one that Jesus Christ gave us.

We ARE in deep doo-doo!

abe

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

@ablebodiedman You have a very strange view of atheists that I find entertaining. I honestly didn't believe that ANYONE outside of Sarah Palin's Teabaggistan thought that atheists worshiped themselves or that advertisment of freedom of choice fits to "advertise their religion". LOL.

You can thump your bible all you want. I believe that is your choice. But please don't put blanket assumptions on those of us free of myth as it puts a light on your argument that is difficult to take seriously.

It's cute though.

• adamah
    adamah

ABM said- I think EVERY human alive is already in deep doo-doo including Xians!

Yeah, thanks, but you DO realize this is a site for ex-JWs, so we kinda KNOW the basic plot of Xianity? You're trying to sell the Xianity schtick to those who were likely better salesmen than you, even with one frontal lobe tied behind our craniums?

BTW, although you quoted it as if you were going to respond to it, you didn't answer the question:

Adam asked- And if it's a sin to use one's morality, then EVERY human alive is in deep doo-doo, too, including Xians, for they go on and on about how man's moral compass is "flawed" and cannot be trusted, but then how did you make the determination that your own moral compass is not to be trusted, and God's moral sense IS in fact trust-worthy without relying on your same admittedly "flawed" sense of morality?

In other words, how do you KNOW that "every human alive is in deep doo-doo?" if you cannot trust your "flawed" moral compass?

Simply repeating an assertion doesn't make it true....

ABM said- We are already reaping the consequences of decisions made by people who think they have a better solution than the one that Jesus Christ gave us. We ARE in deep doo-doo!

It must've been God's Holy Spirit at work or something, since the first thing I noticed in a headline today was a story of how "flawed imperfect stoopid (sic) humans" have found a breakthrough in gene therapy treatments for leukemia (blood cancer), adding one more disease to the list of potentially-fatal conditions that has been tamed:

http://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/20131208/gene-therapy-shows-promise-against-leukemia-other-blood-cancers

Now realize that didn't happen by Xians praying, but via conducting scientific research and trials.

In fact, it seems pretty ironic, since that's EXACTLY the kind of thing that demonstrates exactly what the slogan means ("praying won't help. Doing will...."), but you thought you detected a note of irony? Ironies on you?

Adam

• rebel8
    rebel8

To clarify, OP, I believe you are evangelizing.

Not sure why you're so mad at some strangers in a news article, and then using it to preach to us.

Maybe I'm missing something but that's what it seems you're doing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit