The work is speeding up

by bradford 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• bradford
    bradford

I don't have a great reference point on my observation other than my local area but I was wondering if this was a widespread thing. ..

In the last two years in my former congregation there have been 6 people to disassociate for "apostasy," 6 disfellowshipped for various reasons, and numerous ones reproved. These are just the ones I have heard about. 4 of the 6 that disassociated were servants or pioneers.

Is this unusual or is the pace picking up?

I hope to stay on top of things so I can be there to help my old friends when they start figuring things out. As we all know it can be pretty hard to deal with.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

How many people are there in that congregation?

In a typical congregation of about a 100 that would be a large percentage. My understanding is that disfellowshipping usually averages to about 1% per year. It might just be a fluke depending on the type of elders that are involved.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I the cong of 100 pubs that i was in before I left. 5 left under not the best of circumstances but we're not disfellowshiped. 3 also got DFed. I've since walked out the door and I've heard that 1 other has left as well as 2 more who are semi inactive. That's 11% attrition in 4 years.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    It was reported here on this forum that in the Seattle area a high level elder or CO told the one posting it that in the circuits of that area their loosing half a dozen members per circuit every six months. They also had an international assembly in Seattle last year and reported something like 70K in attendance the first day but by the pics it didn't look like it to me.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Surely this has to be a natural turn of events,the younger generation are well into technology ,U-tubes ,internet ,etc.,they are far more exposed to the criticisms of the religion of Jehovah Witnesses than their parents were .

And the not so young , middle aged people are also embracing this technology , opening up a world of information that was not available to the older generation unless you went specifically after it at Libraries .

Of course if this trend continues to the point of negative growth in the organization , they will get a few more years life out of it by saying it was prophesied .Matt 24:12 " the love of the greater number will cool off" and the gullible will swallow it for many years.

They wont reason that the number falling off is due to false prophecies ,wrong expectations ,never getting anything right in 140 years , And their own publications that are available on line for all to see, from the first ever Watchtower 1979 , till now.2015

smiddy

• Splash
    Splash

In the last 24 months in a cong of 100 pubs (but 75-80 average meeting attendance), we have had 2 df'd and a family of 4 fade.

It also has about 5 very old ones who will no doubt 'stop' attending within the next 12 months, and quite a few other old ones who are finding it more and more difficult.

Two elders fall into that latter category and have had their responsibilities lightened because they can no longer do all the required stuff.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Bottom line - the word is spreading via internet sites like this!

Thank goodness!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes indeed!

The Information Age is having its affect!

Thank "god" for "satan's" Internet!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Here are some things that has weakening the WTS/JWS and its mental grasp onto people ...

Better education particularly in most modernism countries.

The long list of misinformative and failed doctrines the WTS has put out over the last century.

Some of the doctrines such DFing and the blood issue has gotten some people to rethink things concerning those doctrines .

Certain polices such as concealing the activities of pedophilia within the organization.

and probably the most damaging is the inter-net and the easily available information obtainable about the organization and its entailing history .

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

When the negative out weighs the positive, why stay?

There has been a lot of negative just since we have left.

The anti education rant on JW tv.

The rude Zone Meeting talk.

Begging for money rant on JW tv.

"New light" coming in by the truckload.

They have moved the finish line for a lot of good people and they are taking their leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit