Could this be the Atom Bomb when it comes to waking up Someone? Could it Work?

by BU2B 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Somehow most jw's think that since there religion has jehovah's name in it then its the true religion. It very hard to get people to get past this.

• extractor
    extractor

FYI, the Amish share almost none of those characteristics. Don't get me wrong, it's a ridiculous group but certainly not JW-like.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi BU2B, That website might awaken JWs, who are "Spiritually Weak" (still thinking) and probably would not awaken a "Spiritually Strong" (non-thinking) JW. Asking JWs simple questions to understand what motivates them will help a lot to plan how to help them to critically think for themselves.

It depends a lot on why a JW believes in the WTBTS. Does a JW suffer from an incurable disease/disorder/deformity and believes they will be cured after the Big A? Does a JW want to see a loved one in paradise? Does a JW have a close circle of conditional JW friends and family who they are afraid to lose? Does a JW work for a JW boss? What doubts does a JW have about the WTBTS? Has a JW been treated badly by elders and other JWs? Etc.

Helping a JW to critically think for themselves and showing them how much fun they can have away from WTBTS takes time and will probably have a higher success rate than a JW only visiting a website. JWs absolutely trust what the WTBTS writes and the WTBTS writes that a cult must be lead by one man only and not eight, therefore the WTBTS is not a cult.

Even ex-JW apologists after 20 years will say that the WTBTS is not a dangerous cult. I know this because I know someone who said the WTBTS was not a cult to me. I just wasn't quick thinking enough to say, "You are right that they are not a religious cult, but they are a dangerous cult. If you say they are not a dangerous cult without knowing what attributes a dangerous cult has, then you are proving that I am right that the WTBTS is a dangerous cult. If you want to learn more about what a dangerous cult is, please visit www.freedomofmind.com."

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

FYI, the Amish share almost none of those characteristics. Don't get me wrong, it's a ridiculous group but certainly not JW-like.

Agreed.....the Amish are more a cult-ure.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While I do recommend talking about cults to JW's, as they may just wake up, we must realize that they think they have the answers to the key points about cults. Afterall, Watchtower tells them they are not a cult.

JW's will be the first to say that they are not the judges and that it is possible for outsiders to "be saved." (Wink wink) Or they will just turn off their minds when they read a phrase like "be saved" and say that is not what it is about.

Yes, and a JW will say that is because those "other" organizations are not guided by H.S. so of course you should disagree, but that isn't the case in their organization.

You can similarly figure out what some JW's would say to any of these key points and why it won't be the "Atom Bomb."

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Thanks for posting this.

They tell you that they are not a cult.
    This is a preemptive strike against the warnings from friends and family members which they know will come. In fact some cults go as far to tell you that Satan will try and dissuade you by sending family members and friends to tell you it is a cult. When this tactic is used then often a warped form of logic occurs in the recruits’ mind, the “agents of Satan” do come and tell them that it is a cult. So since the group predicted that would happen, the group therefore must true! Basically if any group tells you that they are not a cult, or that some people call them a cult, then for goodness sake find out why!

• watson
    watson

Hopefully, if they go there they won't click on "About" at the bottom of the page..

• Oh Gawd
    Oh Gawd

Having lived in Clearwater, Fl for 20 years I know many Scientologists. I even worked for a group of them for 10 years. To compare them to JWs is ridiculous.

For one, they keep it to themselves. 2. They certainly do not seperate themselves from others. 3. They are usually very well educated. I would consider several I know to be in my personal top 10 of smartest guys I've ever met. 4. From my observation, a lot of scientologists are much improved people as a result of their religion. 5. All the ones I know are normal, very high functioning and sane. I don't know 1 JW who can claim that.

All that said, they do have some wierd beliefs. Then again, their beliefs are no more crazy than believing in a flying zombie I suppose. But compared to JWs, Sino's look pretty good.

• whathappened
    whathappened

There have been articles in the Watchtower and Awake explaining why Jehovahs Witnesses are NOT a cult. BUT if they were NOT a cult, they wouldn't HAVE to have these articles.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Great Idea Oubliette! That seems like it would have the highest percent chance of working. I may use your suggestion at the appropriate time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit