Interview at work

by Kool Jo 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• juanvazquez88
    juanvazquez88

I been in a similar experience, well, two experiences...Im in human resources..

In the first one, we need some trailer drivers. During the interview, one candidate says that he was a jw. I know how important their meetings are, so i told him if he was sure about to take the work, we have a variable schedule and we cannot assure him to go out at the time of his meetings. He told me that he need the work, but in his face was this expression of dissapointment. So i told him that have a little chat with his wife about this, and if he was sure about the job and his schedule, i wait for him. So, he left, and about 4 hours he call and says: thank you for the offer, but... (the rest is obvious)

The second experience. Im in some private security organization, so a hire a lot of security guards, scolts, etc. In the uniform that they have to use, its a mexican flag on one arm. So, im about to hire this guy, so i told him about to try to put on the uniform. he sees the flag and say: "I can take off the flag??", I say: no. And he says that he is on a bible study with jw and he can port something with the national flag. And he left...

• blondie
    blondie

I know lots of jws that are firefighters and their uniforms have the US flag on them...doesn't bother them....and they are elders, elders children, etc.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Personally, when recruiting persons...I beleive that personality trumps qualifications. So this young lady doesn't have much qualifications, as a matter of fact she'll need on-the-job training....but she has a great smile and speaks very well...she ought to well with our clients.

She's been at work as required by her schedule...I hope it lasts...I wonder what will happen when her conventions come up? Also, we're big on Christmas celebrations for our clients...I wanna see how she'll handle it!

Kool Jo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit