In effect the GB says the new testament was only written for the 144k - right?

by Comatose 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

marked

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I've noticed over the 50+ years I was a JW that JW's really only know about 75-80 scriptures from the Bible. These 75-80 scriptures are used in their literature and at meetings and in FS about 80% of the time. JW's use these 75-80 as 'proof texts' to prove THEIR beliefs. And, of course, these 75-80 scriptures are usually taken out of context or give a 'figurative','symbolic', or 'prophetic' meaning depending on the circumstances. Just recycle it and say it over and over and it becomes TRUTH.

eyeuse2badub

• Perry
    Perry

Hebrews 9:27 CLEARLY applies to everyone:

And just as it is reserved for men to die once [for all time], but after this to receive a judgment....

- New World Translation (brackets added for the deceptive addition)

Isn't it funny how you never hear the Watchtower saying that God's judgments only apply to the "little flock"? But, when it comes to the scriptures that guarantees our survival of such a personal judgment, like how the the holy spirit bears witness with our spirit that WE ARE the children of God, those scriptures are simply declared as not applying to anyone except the WT leaders.

Sooooooooo transparent.

"However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something

beyond the good news we declared to you, let him be accursed." - Galations 1:8 New World Transaltion

The basic message of the WT is this:

1. You're gonna get judged

2. Since the New Testament solutions to this problem don't apply to you, your only hope of surviving this is to follow us for salvation.

Reminds me of Jesus' warning: "many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many" MT 24: 5 NWT

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

False premise = False conclusion. Rutherford closing the heavenly door without authorization is the false premise. Rutherford's 1925 prediction failed, the END did not come, and the WTBTS needed new "anointed" leadership. So what's a corporation to to??

"When does the calling of Christians to a heavenly hope cease?
    On the other hand, as time has gone by, some Christians baptized after 1935 have had witness borne to them that they have the heavenly hope. (Romans 8:16, 17) Thus, it appears that we cannot set a specific date for when the calling of Christians to the heavenly hope ends. "

So while sort-of admitting that they were wrong for decades, the GB still says that they are the "real" anointed. How do we know? Jesus put them in charge of all his belongings...oh, err, crap!!!

DD

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

The only way i found to conciliate doctrine here is: Heavenly hope is the ONLY hope for all who put faith In Christ. However, at some point, God will intervein to change this earth into a better place for those who dwell on it, so that their temporary existance as human beings is more bearable, even pleasant. That's The doctrinal viewpoint I have adopted

Eden

• leaving_quietly
  • Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

I never gave this idea of the NT only being written for the anointed, much thought until after I was out.

They also claim that one of the trumpet blasts in Revelation was the 1922 Cedar Point, Ohio assembly. How does an obscure meeting of a few hundred people almost 100 years ago, that no one took notice of equate to a trumpet blast that is heard all over the world?

They are only important in their own eyes.

• matt2414
    matt2414

Of course, if the NT was written only for the anointed, then the anointed should be the ONLY ones required to go door to door. Jesus only told his soon-to-be-anointed followers to "Go, therefore, and make disciples," did he not? He was not addressing the so-called "great crowd." There's no evidence that anyone other than the apostles did the bulk of the preaching in the first century. Yet, the GB pawns off their self-declared responsibility onto those who don't even have a heavenly hope, especially forcing this burden on women who have no say-so in the congregation. No matter how they spin it, there's no scriptural support for underlings doing all the work. Their words and actions (or lack of action) are reprehensible and despicable.

• designs
    designs

Don't you find it funny that none of the supposed Jews, from Jesus to oh name your Apostle etc., ever mentions the 7 Noachian Laws which had all Gentiles covered.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Yes, you are in a coma.

The gospels are the sayings of Jesus and the things he said were to others listening to him in his time. If they listened to him they could get the holy spirit at Pentecost.

The Acts were the actions and sayings of the apostles and the letters of Paul, Peter, James, Jude were to people of their day.

Revelation is for our day.

Really, the 26 books of the Christian Greek Scriptures were applicable for the people back then.

Anointing of holy spirit was more prevalent then. But partaking of the bread and wine did not mean one goes to heaven.

There is no evidence that anyone who has lived has gone to heaven as a spirit since death. Since there is no communication to us or interaction and proof of it, what is the deal with believing it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit