Hello, its good to be back, seriously!

by AllTimeJeff 54 Replies latest jw friends

• baltar447
    baltar447

Welcome back!!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Good to see you back.

I, too, have taken a small break in posting on this site. I resonate with your feelings. In 1985, I was able to leave the JWs and not think about it. I didn't think it was a cult, but I didn't think about it much at all. You see, I was young and life was calling. Then, in 2004, I had to "deal with" my whole JW past. Since 2005, I've been on this Board. Debating, arguing, getting PurpleSofa mad at times (Sorry Purps ), and dealing with the issues of really leaving/healing from the JWs and realizing the lie.

But, the past several months, I've taken a new direction in life. I have added new hobbies, took up a musical instrument for the first time in my life, burried myself in work & family. I became a human who was born in the JWs and left it. Now, I see me as more then an ex-JW, but as someone who has gone over that hurdle.

It's like being too close to a really big mountain. You can't see it, and you can't take it all in. So, you try to walk all around it, up every trail & down every waterfall of it. It's a tiring journey. It makes you mad at the mountain and you think you "understand" the mountain. This is the postings on JWN and studying up on cults, and reliving your JW abuse.

And, when you've "seen" all there is to this mountain, you decide to walk away from it. You walk away for several miles. This is your break from JWN.

But, you turn around, and there is the mountain. (No matter where you are, you are affected by that really big mountain of JWism). But, this time, becuase you are farther away, you can take in the mountain in its entirety. But, you also see other mountains, the sky, the ocean. And you realize that that one mountain is just one element in this landscape of life. And, that mountain is a painful SOB of a mountain to stay on all the time and you no longer want to waste this life on just that mountain.

But, we come back to this mountain becuase it has transformed our lives forever. And, there are other, new climbers who are beginning their trecks on it.

Skeeter

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Welcome Back,Jeff! I think we all need a break from all things JW,from time to time. Sometimes,I don't want to think about it. But,it's always there .lurking.

In all honesty,whether raised in the "cult" or not,everyone is a bit messed up in the head. Notice, I used the term cult. You were the first one to help me come to terms of realizing it was a cult.

But,I'm glad you're back. I always did enjoy reading your posts.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

ATJ!!

• FlyingHighNow
  • fiddler
    fiddler

I remember you from another board Jeff and I always enjoyed your post there. It is good to read your post here and know you are doing OK.

You see that it's been a process of growing and all and maybe feel bad about some of it but really..........the YOU I remember way back is still there. And that YOU is REAL. Your authentic self has always shone through.

I never read anything unkind from you and since I kind of avoid debate I guess I never heard you in that frame of reference but even so, I think I would still have had respect for you even then.

We all have a road ahead of us coming out of JW's. I'd lived half my life already when I woke up so I think in those first few years it was like being in infancy or maybe adolecence as far as emotional maturity went and so the lessons had to be learned in a very short time. I think it'd be fair to say a lot of us had some real a$$hole moments in the beginning. My JW relatives will of course ONLY remember those but Jeff..........WE (if I can be so bold to include the exJW community) remember the authentic you trying to get out.

It's a process.

PS: The Pacific NW has great craft brews!

• caliber
    caliber

Jeff, Jeff , Jeff one of the sharpest tools on the block ...ever

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

JWfacts: ........I have no idea what it is or how to be normal.

Being normal is highly overrated. I don't know that I would want to be, even if it were possible.

• watson
    watson

Glad you're back, ATJ.

• darth frosty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit