Prayers that are heard. Fuel for a vehicle - YUP. Save us from death - NAH.

by Captain Blithering 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

I spoke to a MS the other day, trying to get his opinion on the WT we'd just studied at the meeting. The paragraph where the CO didn't know if he had enough money to afford gas for a trip, he prayed and went anyway, and someone donated the exact amount to cover his trip.

My question to the MS was - the WT CLEARLY are saying Jah answered that prayer, yet there were a couple dozen JW's sheltering in a KH in the Philippines, undoubtedly praying, yet they all died in the hurricane. How's that work, how CAN jah answer some prayers but not others?

His reply? It surprised me tbh, he said yes, they shouldn't say things like that, but we must remember the GB are only imperfect men, so they'll say things they shouldn't. I'm going to have to have this convo with him again in the future, and ask him what he thinks to these imperfect men who get things wrong asking him to trust them when it comes to blood.. And whatever batsh*t they're going to come up with in the future that 'may seem unreasonable or unwise from a worldly standpoint'..

Hope I can help him wake up.

• KateWild
    KateWild

CB, hhhmmmmm I don't think you are doing the slow fade. It's just not happening. Chat to your MS friend as much as you like but be prepared for the "spiritual encouragement" from the BOE that will follow.

Take control, and for our benefit, if you can. RECORD EVERYTHING.

If your were typing away on JWN, whilst on the platform during the WT, surely you will be up for RECORDING EVERYTHING. Just stay in control and some may see TTATT if you do.

Keep it coming CB. Take care Kate xx

• pixel
    pixel

Good point.

• Comatose
    Comatose

One of my favorite topics. God answering the wackiest of prayers. 68 dollars for the pioneers insurance and meanwhile last night children were raped.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Even back in the 60's and 70's when I would hear experiences of how Jehovah supposedly answered prayers by providing just the exact amount of money or by sending a pioneer to the door of someone complating suicide, I would cringe. "JW's and other good people die horrific deaths everyday", I would say to myself. Why didn't Jehovah hear their prayer for life. It's been this line of reasoning that has also got my 'believing JW' wife to wondering. Keep up the good work Watchtower! We need more of these miraculous ,'fantasy' experiences to appear in the WT.

eyeuse2badub

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Similar experience:

Consider the following quote of the JW PR rep when speaking to the media about the murder in Portland Oregon of the young JW woman, Whitney Heichel, by a fellow JW Cong member.

"Church member Bob Weaver coordinated the search. . . . . . He thinks if it weren't for the church's effort, Heichel's disappearance would still be a mystery.
    "Any evidence they did locate up there would have been deteriorated, and her body would probably not have been found until next year with a hunter or something. That's why we really feel like there was divine intervention on this," he said."

Complete story: http://www.katu.com/news/local/Search-leader-Whitney-Heichels-sweater-first-clue-found-by-searchers-175893161.html

Why wasn't there any divine intervention BEFORE the woman was murdered? Where was her God then?

Do these people just not think before they speak?

Doc

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Doc - that's a great quote, I'll definitely try to remember that one when this comes up again..

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Captain, it was interesting too how the JW spokesman tried to represent the murderer (a baptized JW in the Cong) only as someone who "attended" the KH occasionally. Reality was he was married in that KH. What does that tell you?

Doc

• tornapart
    tornapart

I've said the same things to my elder hubby and he agrees too. He doesn't think it should be said either.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

A few months ago I had a conversation with an elder who told me Jehovah made a real estate transaction fall through to guide him to another area where the need for elders was greater....I couldn't resist telling him that a loving God couldn't intervene in trivial matters such as real estate deals while he allows other faithful servants to be abused or killed despite their prayers...Believing this would equate to believing God is partial...Deer in the headlights stare...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit