'Evolution' of the Creative Days length

by Syme 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

This how science works- Dr. Schweitzer investigates her own findings with a team of experts http://www.livescience.com/41537-t-rex-soft-tissue.html

• DS211
    DS211

Marked

• DS211
    DS211

So before i read it...is it true or false. Id sure hate to waste all that time.

• Caedes
    Caedes

Perry's ability to paste links to so much pseudo science is astounding.

I think you will find it's the parrot that is in control at the moment.

• Bart Belteshassur
    Bart Belteshassur

If it was 7K years in the 60/70's and 1k years in the 80/90's, according to the scharzchild equation for the change in the rate of time diolation, we should have hit heaven in 2001!!! Someone's got it wrong??

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I could never figure out why they insisted that all the creative days had to be equal in length. Much of the WT historical view of the world is still stuck somehere in the thinking of the late 18th century despite their claims to being a progressive organization.

• Londo111
    Londo111

This reminds me of arguments I had with my parents after I had 9th grade Earth Science. My father was insistent of six 7000-year Creative Days. What he didn’t know was that the Society had already quietly retired the idea because it was discovered that it had origins in Jewish occultism.

• designs
    designs

Londo- As an Elder in the 1980s I had to shock the group with that info. I asked everyone how long the creative days were and they all answered 7000 years. Then I showed them the Wt. articles, boy were they pissed

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Jewish occultism??? Whaaa???? Provide some links Londo! Or are you trying out for the WT writing staff?

Let's say the Bible is inerrant. The Bible provides zero evidence on the length of the Creative days, except for the meaning of the Hebrew word for "day", which leaves the reader some room for interpretation. Also, the Bible says nothing regarding what kind of creatures lived OUTSIDE of Eden, or how long they existed on the Earth, assuming there were creatures outside of the garden. Animals could have been in existence for millions of years before the garden of Eden was even planted.

We know that according to the scriptures, the land outside the Garden was wild and not subdued by man. So teaching anything beyond what is written is purely speculation, and is condemned by the scriptures themselves. Why would the GB even get involved? Just say, " We have no idea." Isn't that discreet?

• Londo111
    Londo111

I’ve good firsthand intel on the whys and hows of the change, but I can’t reveal my sources.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit