Is Russell currently considered part of the FDS?

by paul from cleveland 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Forgive me, I know this must have been discussed many times but I'm still confused about what the current teaching is. Who do they say Russell was now?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

He was just a good God-fearing man, like many others down through history, who sought Bible Truth. However, he was never chosen by CJ as the F&DS, as CJ did not make that choice until 1919 and Russell had already died in 1916.

Doc

• Listener
    Listener

In the July 15 2013 Watchtower they likened Russell to John the Baptist who paved the way for Jesus.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Thank you. I'll look that up.

• designs
    designs

They finally figured out a way to slam the door shut of Russell...

• pixel
    pixel

See, in WT/FDS/GB Theology:

Russell = John The Baptist

FDS = Modern-day Jesus

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The WTBTS (aka Rutherfords band of bullies) didn't like pyramids nor beards. By reducing Russell to a non-FDS status, they now can disavow his wacky stuff and use more modern wacky stuff like "overlapping generations".

eyeuse2badub

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yeah, I was pretty sure that in the latest changes regarding the FDS, that Russell got demoted. Poor misguided Bible Students who had it all wrong but get to go to heaven anyways. I figure by extension, the work of the existing Bible Students, including preservation of Russell's teachings online, can be dismissed as well.

http://www.biblestudents.net/

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Russell is still considered anointed and in the JW 144,000 heavenly class....right?

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

Now when anyone brings up C.T. Russel's Miracle Wheat, separation from wife, false prophecies, pyramidology, phrenology, shady business dealings etc, they can just say he was never chosen to be part of the faithful & discreet slave.

However, they still have to explain J.F. Rutherford's abusive, tyranical, drunk behavior as he is (according to WT) a member of the "faithful slave class".

How would God choose an a man like J.F. Rutherford to represent him on earth with those evil hypocritical traits. Not even his own immediate family (wife & son Malcolm) went to his funeral.

W.H. Conley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit