WHAT THE D.O SAID THE BIBLE SAYS... ABOUT SALVATION.

by DATA-DOG 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

One more highlight from the CA...for now..

How to survive the END. The BIBLE says:

1) Prayer

2) Study the Bible

3) Meditate

4) FAMILY WORSHIP NIGHT [ apparently that is in the Bible somewhere ]

5) Meetings at the KH

6) REGULAR FIELD SERVICE

There you go. The scriptural requirements for life. Oh, and he also said it was from the Branch..so now i'm confused..

DD

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Well, it's good to see that donating to WT or any part of the JW organization isn't on that list.

That's one thing I'm doing right!

• Perry
    Perry

It's about the same (more or less) as any works based religion ... which is all of them except for Christianity.

Eph. 2: 8 By this undeserved kindness you have been saved through faith, and this is not of your own doing; rather, it is God’s gift. 9 No, it is not a result of works, so that no one should have grounds for boasting. - New World Transaltion

• suavojr
    suavojr

And after you do everything on that list you might be saved in the day of the big A.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Perry:

It's about the same (more or less) as any works based religion ... which is all of them except for Christianity.

All religions that 'offer' some kind of salvation where there is a requirement for any action (e.g. expressing 'faith' in the 'ransom' or being a member of that religion) are works-based.

The concept of 'faith' vs. 'works' is a false dilemma because the concepts are not really separate things. The notion of having faith independent of any action is just rhetorical wordplay.

• Perry
    Perry

Say whaaaat ?

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

You can do all of those things, but still not get saved because of your masturbation habit... Which apparently is also mentioned in the bible.....?

A book that contradicts itself so much can be cherry picked to say whatever you'd like it to say... As long as you've got the "divinely appointed"authority so Do so.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Capt. O, If you masturbate while doing your bible reading, I think they cancel out and you're all good.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

No mention of faith in Jesus in that list...nadda...zip. Typical Jesus-less JW's.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

The main message I always thought the Bible was about; "God loved the world so much he gave his only begotten son."

God is love. Love does'nt boast. It beleives and hopes all things etc.....

I don't think In my humble opinion that it came with any "conditions", as such.

I was only a lowly foot soldier so maybe I missed something??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit