I just couldn't do it...

by joyfulfader 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

My recommendation is that you try attending a Unitarian church. They present all kinds of information and don't tell anyone what to believe or not believe. Plus the members are completely non- judgmental and will accept you just as you are. Personally, I have found Unitarian services very refreshing and interesting.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Just for you, Navytown - here are some Unitarian jokes from Garrison Keillor.

(Link --> http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/programs/2011/01/22/scripts/jokes.shtml )

There was a terrible car accident. A woman was lying in the street, covered in blood. Someone in the crowd shouted, "Call a priest!"
    The woman opened her eyes and said, "I'm a Unitarian."
    "Then call a math teacher!"

What do you call a dead Unitarian Universalist?
    All dressed up with no place to go.

Jesus took a Unitarian out fishing and the Unitarian accidentally dropped an oar and watched it float away. Jesus stepped out of the boat, walked across the water to the oar, grabbed it, and walked back to the boat. The next day, a friend asked the Unitarian if he had enjoyed fishing with the Lord. "It was okay, but would you believe that guy can't swim?"

What's the Unitarian's favorite Christmas movie?
    Coincidence on 34th Street.

It's hard being a Unitarian.
    Who do you call out to during orgasm?

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I know absolutely nothing about the Unitarian church. I suppose my thread was mainly to point out that even with all the so called belief and faith I had supposedly acquired as a witness, here I am extremely happy and comfortable being out but have no faith. It was all a mirage...a fantasy...a mind game to keep me in submission. I am in no way trying to say that others don't have their strong faith and if that is how they believe I think it is great for them. I have just found more angst and less answers the more I search for God and more peace living without him in my life. Perhaps D-D is correct. Maybe I am still tainted by the cult. I dont feel any control anymore but perhaps it is still there where I can't see it...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Brunch is an alternative to church.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

Ah yes Billy. Brunch. That means mimosas before noon are acceptable

• KateWild
    KateWild

You know, if I ever get out-DD

How's that going for you DD?

juyfulfader, you revelation about yourself reminded me of this song below. I know loads of atheists in the KH. They just don't know it yet!!!! Kate xx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y_KJAg8bHI

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit