#3 talk tonight

by wallsofjericho 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• suavojr
    suavojr

My wife has this part and she was complaining that she did see how to answer the question with those bible versus. When they talk about Jesus they ignore all the other versus that can elevate him higher than the GB.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Just bumping in case anyone has any suggestions to gently subvert (is that the right word?) from the platform tomorrow night? Jesus messiah etc...

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Sorry for the shameless bump. But I''m dreading this talk like none before. Ridiculous really, I've given dozens of public talks all over the place (confidence in ignorance) but a little 5 minute talk about something where I have no idea whether I believe it or not is giving me the shakes!!

I know that if necessary I'll just parrot 'what we're taught', 'wt says this..' but if possible I'd love to be able to introduce some deniable controversy!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I've often fantasized about how it would be use a #3 talk to go out with a bang. Just getting up there and calmly touch 2 or 3 subjects about TTATT, then at the end walk down the podium and walk out of the KH never to come back.

I wonder if they would let you finish or if you would you get removed during the talk. Also the comments by the conductor at the end would surely be priceless.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I've often fantasized about how it would be use a #3 talk to go out with a bang. Just getting up there and calmly touch 2 or 3 subjects about TTATT, then at the end walk down the podium and walk out of the KH never to come back.

As some of the old-timers here know, LittleToe did just that:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/20680/4/Going-out-with-a-bang#.Up9WxijEXOF

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Outline for 5 minute #3 talk. (are they still 5 minutes? lol)

Intro:

This talk will eventually be about supporting and never questioning the leadership of the Governing Body, Bethel Elders, DO's, CO's, the local BOE, and the occasional elders wife whose second car is a broom

Body of Talk

Misapplication of Scriptures that create red herrings and strawman arguments to support and never question the leadership of the Governing Body, Bethel Elders, DO's, CO's, the local BOE, and the occasional elders wife whose second car is a broom

Conclusion

Everyone should support and never question the leadership of the Governing Body, Bethel Elders, DO's, CO's, the local BOE, and the occasional elders wife whose second car is a broom

I hope that helps!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Captain,

Just paraphrase the scriptures that are given you. Then read whatever you want. Let the scriptures do the talking.

Corrected for timing:

Intro [ 30-40 seconds ] How do we know that Jesus is THE Messiah/Annointed. [ I don't know what your scriptures are, but just work them in somehow.]

Main Body [4 minutes] What does Jesus being the Messiah really mean for a Christian? Is he just a name at the end of a prayer? Is he a figure-head in our Father's house? [ Then read whatever you want pertaining to Jesus being THE WAY. You should have time for 2 scriptures, so make them good.]

Closing thought [ 30-40 ] Jesus is THE Messiah, THE Anointed, THE WAY, THE TRUTH and THE LIFE! HE is THE ONLY means of salvation to the glory of our heavenly FATHER!

If you go overtime a little, don't worry.

There you go, bro! If they persecute you for that, then you will KNOW for sure the ORG is corrupt.

DD

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

My daughter needs this one too ... if anybody already did the work for sisters to give, you would be her hero if you would post it!

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Data-DUDE!

you ROCK.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Sorry, my timing was off. I would do a 30 second intro because dubs know who Jesus is. Then 4 minutes for the main talk and 30 seconds of review at the end. You can have a good ten seconds of OT before they ring the bell on you.

Vaya con Dios mi amigo!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit