only in america...

by peaceloveharmony 6 Replies latest social humour

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

1. Only in America......can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance...

2. Only in America......are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink...

3. Only in America......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store
    to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front...

4. Only in America......do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke...

5. Only in America......do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the
    counters...

6. Only in America......do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put
    our useless junk in the garage...

7. Only in America......do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call
    waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place...

8. Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight...

9. Only in America......do we use the word politics to describe the process so well: in Latin
    meaning it would be bloodsucking creatures

10. Only in America......do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering...

11. Only in America......can a homeless combat veteran live in a cardboard box and a draft
    dodger live in the White House...

In case you needed further proof that the human race is doomed through stupidity, here are
    some actual label instructions on consumer Goods:

1. On Sears hairdryer: Do not use while sleeping.

[Gee, that's the only time I have to work on my hair]

2. On a bag of Fritos: You could be a winner! No purchase necessary Details inside .
    [Evidently, the shoplifter special]

3. On a bar of Dial soap: Directions: Use like regular soap. [And that would be how...?]

4. On some Swanson frozen dinners: Serving suggestions: Defrost.

[But it's just a suggestion]

5. On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom of box): Do not turn upside down. [Oops,
    too late!]

6. On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding: Product will be hot after heating. [As sure as night
    follows the day)

7. On packaging for a Rowenta iron: Do not iron clothes on body. [But wouldn't this save
    even more time?]

8. On Boot's Children's Cough Medicine: Do not drive a car or operate machinery after
    taking this medication. [We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we
    could just get those 5-year-olds with head-colds off those forklifts.]

9. On Nytol Sleep Aid: Warning: May cause drowsiness. [One would hope]

10. On most brands of Christmas lights: For indoor or outdoor use only. [As opposed to
    what?]

11. On a Japanese food processor: Not to be used for the other use [I gotta admit, I'm
    curious]...

12. On Sainsbury's peanuts: Warning : Contains nuts.

[NEWS FLASH]

13. On an American Airlines packet of nuts: Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts. [Fly Delta]

14. On a child's Superman costume: Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly. [I
    don't blame the company. I do blame parents for this one!]

15. On a Swedish chain saw: Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals. [Was
    there a chance of this happening somewhere?.....Good grief! ]

• waiting
    waiting

Hey peace,

Thanks - been a long day.

9. Only in America......do we use the word politics to describe the process so well: in Latin meaning it would be bloodsucking creatures

Politics come from the Latin words "poly" meaning many and "tics" meaning bloodsucking creatures..............

It's not enough that I have the majority of votes. I need the intelligent voters also. Adlaid Stevenson

Anyone with money can go to the United States. Of course, if you have money, you wouldn't want to go to the United States.........

Enjoyed it.

waiting

• Simon
    Simon

very good plh
    I'm going to Email those round work.

• mommy
    mommy

Thanks PLH
    I read this after you posted and jotted down some to send my friends.
    Simon,
    Remember to add a disclaimer at the bottom of your emails, that not everyone in America is this (for lack of a better word) stupid! Sheez I can hear it now!
    wendy

• trevor
    trevor

Peaceloveharmony,

A great post! I though we were pretty weird in the UK but now I realise it's a Western thing. At least you drive on the right side of the road though and don't call cookies 'bicuits.' The lable on our asprin container says line up arrows and push off. Must be why I still have a headache!

Trevor

Edited by - trevor on 14 February 2001 5:19:26

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

i'm glad you all enjoyed this:)

h

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

i'd have to say this is one of my favorites:

4. Only in America......do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke...

hahahaha...

h

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit