abortion vs holocaust

by unstopableravens 692 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Can't he understand that others do not share his views ? It is HIS truth. My aunt had a sad life. She married at sixteen b/c she was forced into mothering a large brood of younger siblings. Pregnancy followed. Her husband died in his twenties from tuberculosis. The familly is from a mining town. As the family gathered, my father declared, "Let the dead bury the dead," and went out in field service. His sister was about twenty-three. Imagine what the crowd thought of such actions. Yes, what a win friends and influence people. I am so embarassed. Witnesses must have some of the worst social skills in the world. They honestly did.

To talk that way to a grieving person is bullying. IMO. I don't believe they are bad people. They just don't understand the normal world. It was always so harsh. The funniest story here is when I read that Witnesses out in field service hunt for houses that they might want to live in after Armageddon. I never wanted Armageddon, let alone to find a house. Somehow I thought Jehovah would create nice new ones. Oh, it is so bad that it is so funny.

• mrhhome
    mrhhome

Band on the Run. On this point, we agree. That is a horrible way to treat those who are mourning.

BTW, tec is also right. The point is somewhat moot. In cofty's illustration, the fetus is going to die in either case. The only question is whether or not it is going to kill mom in the process. I think that raven agrees that under such a circumstances, the right thing to do is to save mom.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Then ravens turns around and says it is wrong because the fetus does not get a choice on the outcome. That's the problem with black-and-white.

• mrhhome
    mrhhome

I haven't read all 22 pages, but in the last couple of posts, I think that you swayed her opinion. Congratulations.

I agree that it isn't always black and white. However, you are also focusing on the exceptions rather than addressing the morality of abortion in the vast majority of cases where it simply is an unwanted baby.

• mrhhome
    mrhhome

From a legal and political perspective, the primary role of any government is to protect innocent lifes. It is absolutely the govenment's role to determine whether (a) a life has been ended and (b) under what circumstances it can be legally terminated.

In the US, I believe that it is an issue that should be handled by the states rather than the federal government. The constituation does not speak to the matter. Likewise, the definition of what is and is not murder is typically determined at the state level. As an example, I point to the recent stand-your-ground cases. Why is abortion any different? State law frequently determines when it is and is not acceptable to end a life.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Marked

• shadow
    shadow

http://www.life.org.nz/abortion/abortionmedicalkeyissues/riskectopicpregnancy/

"Between 1970 and 1990 the rate of ectopic pregnancies doubled, trebled or quadrupled in frequency, depending on the country. They now account for two per cent of all pregnancies in the areas studied. The rise of ectopic pregnancy coincides almost exactly with the steep rise in the frequency of induced abortion during the same period.

Studies from Italy, Japan, Yugoslavia and the U.S. have documented a much higher risk of ectopic pregnancy among women who have had one or more abortions. Yet the authors of an American study that uncovered a 160 per cent increased risk arrived at the curious conclusion that abortion "does not carry a large excess risk" of ectopic pregnancy. (American Journal of Public Health 72 (1982):253-6)

That legal abortion appears to contribute to an increase in ectopic pregnancy in younger women, when associated with pelvic inflammatory disease, was the finding of a study published in the American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology in 1989."

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

since unstop just tumbled from one absolute truth® to the next, there is not middle ground or accepting that things aren't as easy to decide as one might think at first glance.

unstop has the position that the morning after pill is murder, comparable to the holocaust and he dances around the fact that there may be exceptions to his black and white rules. he also thinks that people who support pro choice are dead set on killing 24 week old fetuses. he also seems to think that the vast majority of abortions are by careless lazy uninformed women who just wait a few weeks until they are visibly pregnant and then abort just for the fun of it.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

j h: most of your last statement is a crock. you know it. you are very dishonest. i nevr said ppl who are pro choice are dead set on 24 weeks abortions. as if they are bored and dont care at all

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i have time and time again in this thread said the motive for these women is not as if they enjoy having the abortion. i have said many will feel guilt years later. jh you mis represent my postion to make yours seem better . why? is your that bad?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit