abortion vs holocaust

by unstopableravens 692 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Unstop - Can you think of any other similar situations?

You have conceeded there is at least one exception so I want to explore it further.

You can't go on pretending it's black and white and also agree that there it doesn't always apply.

• jgnat
    jgnat

How about for lethal fetal abnormalities such as renal tract abnormalities, thanatophoric dysplasia, achondrogenesis, and trisomies?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2675307/

A friend of mine carried her trisomy-13 infant to term and nursed the baby until the infant's death four months later. I would not allow someone like ravens anywhere near her or her family. There's dogma and then there's people.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

jgnat: i asked you a question a few pages back about a situation with a 25 year old women, you did not answer that question and made it clear you did not want to. than you ask me with color i fall into. yeah like i said you want others who disagree with your postion to have pressure on them, but you like yourself to stay in the safe zone, well at leat you dont have to feel lonely, you have alot of company, athiest on this thread want to harp on the 1% rare abortion extreme situat

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ion but not have to come face to face with the moral implications of their own postion

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

jgnat: why am i lepor or something?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ok, here's something I would never want to cross your lips in the hearing of my friend, "How wonderful, mom, that you chose to keep your baby rather than murder it in the womb." How do you know if the thought had crossed her mind, and that her final decision, painfully reached, was not the only option that should be offered her? Your dogmatism robs you of compassion.

The only question I refused to answer was how my stance differs in detail from the pro-choice crowd.

Your approach to these tough issues, the word that bounces around in my head, is llllaaazzzy. Look it up yourself.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Just to add to this discussion on abortion, there many prevailing circumstances why an abortion is a better accepted approach concerning

the mother and unborn fetus, medical or otherwise.

The pro-choice ideology is one that leaves open the choice on to the mother, be it one based on religious beliefs or not.

Also there is a reason why in countries that have established pro-choice laws governing over abortion that there is a

limited length of time of the gestation period for when a abortion can proceed, due to the gradual biological development of the fetus.

• jgnat
    jgnat

If life starts with breath, many of the "moral implications" from the fundamentalist crowd go away. The most recent article I sourced shows how far the medical community will go to provide compassionate care to parents in very trying situations. The decisions properly belong between the patient and the doctor. The fetus, not yet viable, does not get an opinion.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

it is amazing how you can call me to have no compassion ohh well this isnt about me anyway.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Maybe one day you will see how your dogmatism robs you. You may be a fine man without it, but with that particular robe wrapped around you, who would know?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit