abortion vs holocaust

by unstopableravens 692 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

Cofty, the answer is this:

Yes, terminate the pregnancy. But if the doctor at any point says the word "abortion", the answer reverse to no, until it reverse back to yes after some time.

• cofty
    cofty

I am going nowhere until Unstop gives a straight answer.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Ethics 101....First, you can't compare abortion to the holocaust. The comparison simply doesn't fit. It diminishes the lives of millions of innocents in comparison to the one, and diminishes the one in comparison to the millions. The life of an innocent is invaluable, particularly if there is no one to stand up for the innocent. The deplorable nature of the holocaust in its immensity and scope should never, I repeat...NEVER be compared to anything else! It is an aberration, an abomination that should be indelebly written on the consciousness of all mankind forevermore. There is nothing that will ever compare to it.

"Abortion is wrong!" That hardline position lacks reasonableness, just as the statement, "all murder is wrong." The value of life is inherent. The reason for taking a life must be inherently more valuable than the life taken. Some could argue, "who is to justify what is more valuable?" Well, fortunately, I don't need to answer that. As this discussion has progressed, it is apparent that some values may be shared, but they are still singular in nature, peculiarly our own.

Society dictates the value of life, you are either swayed by society or you choose your own path. Ask yourself a question, when you hear about a child dying in some third world country due to malnutrition or malaria, do you react the same as when you here about a puppy that was killed for sport? Have your principles been affected by society?

Just s thought,

SOP

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

The reality with ectopic pregnancies is that it's all percentages. There is no guarantee about diagnosis. There is a percentage prediction of what the diagnosis is and doctors make that based on a combination of symptoms and facts. These are horrific situations that real people face. To compare their actions to Hitler is poisonous.

Unstop - hope this never affects one of your children - might not be the moment to point out what they have done is like the holocaust - although the drama queen in you surely won't resist.

mmxiv

• cofty
    cofty

There is no guarantee about diagnosis

There is when goes undiagnosed until it arrives in ER.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty:if the doctor says we can only save one, or your going to die, we need to remove the baby, which will prob result in his death, than yes.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

drama queen lol i dont think so but thanks

• cofty
    cofty

which will prob result in his death, than yes

No not probably, definitely.

So you do believe a mother has a right to choose abortion in this situation.

This is the exact opposite of what you said an hour ago...

So its not black-and-white after all.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: you are still not hearing me.

• cofty
    cofty

cofty: you are still not hearing me.

I am expressing myself very clearly, you are obfuscating. Think before you post.

Lets try again.

1. A pregnant woman is rushed to hospital in agony. She is diagnosed as having a previously undiagnosed ectopic pregnancy in her fallopian tube.

2. The baby is alive but a rupture of the tube is imminent and inevitable.

3. When it ruptures the mother's life will be in immediate danger.

4. The baby is too young to survive being removed.

5. The doctor says they must operate and abort the fetus to save the mother's life but the procedure WILL kill the baby.

This is a scenario that happens regularly in hospitals.

Is it ethically correct to agree to the abortion? Yes or no?

DO NOT change the question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit