Interview with an Apostate: Julia Orwell

by Julia Orwell 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Anyone who actively shuns me can bite my shiny metal ass.

Awesome Bender type line and a keeper... LOL

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Love this comment:

Did you hold any position in the WTS? (MS, Elder etc...)

Hell no, I was just a 'sister'. No dick=no chance.

I am glad your husband followed you out.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yeah me too. It didn't take long to convince him. But even now he still prays before meals and occasionally uses the word 'Jehovah'. When I ask him what he believes, he always just says, "I don't know, I'm confused."

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

We have similar background, Julia. Only that I still have not found a husband at the kingdom hall! LOL

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

The one I found had been a 'worldly' until about 18 months before we met. Find a guy like that, before he becomes a JW.

• gorgia2
    gorgia2

Julia,

You made me smile when I read you've started selling your artwork - this woud not have been encouraged had you stayed in the cult. I wish you much artistic success!

gorgia

• wakingup60
    wakingup60

lovely Julia!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Thanks! I could have sold artwork and pioneered!!! But of course to sell it, one has to develop the ability to do it, and that takes time away from JW things.

So far I've done three cat portraits, plus sold prints on ebay. My art page on facebook is called "Art By Sheree Stokell" if anyone wants to have a look. I know I outed myself there, but I don't care anymore what the JW think.

• krejames
    krejames

Hey Julia - I found your interview really interesting. Really feel I've got to know you better. Agree with a lot of what you say - so much I would like to say but I have to run back to work now. So glad you're reconnecting with your art - don't ever let it go, it's part of you.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

This was a great read, Julia. We woke up around the same time. Keep enjoying your free time!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit