Interview with an Apostate: Cofty

by cofty 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks Bill, I enjoyed that. Sam xx

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Hi Cofty!

I notice we have at least one thing in common and that is that 1995 Watchtower about the generation change being the catalyst for our exit. I think that was a big wake-up call for a lot of people. It may be our generation's 1975!

Thanks for posting your interview. It sounds like you've had quite a ride so far!

CyrusThePersian

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Cofty, you're a brave man. Very interesting to see how much you've benefitted the community through sports coaching - as you know this can have a hugely positive impact on those that need some direction. Well done you.

Also interesting to note the through your brave actions your son now has a career in something he would never have been allowed, and I'm sure i've seen photos on another thread somewhere of him receiving a medal of honor?

The legacy of your choice and actions will be enjoyed and benefit many for a long time to come.

mmxiv

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Cofty, I was still an elder at the time of the Asian Tsunami. I was on vacation in Hawaii and many family and friends called to make sure I was okay. (I knew nothing of it because it didn't hit Hawaii.) I remember brushing it off like I had other things to worry about, like the next talk assignment.

Not only the tsunami itself disturbed me about "Jehovah" but my own attitude as a JW bothered me about that.

That event has hugely helped me to be free to question things.

I also hugely hate Islam, mostly for its poor treatment of women.

Thanks for posting.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Brilliant interview mate.

I too had a crisis of faith during the tusnami disaster. I can remember feeling utterly dejected as it finally hit home that I had very little/no faith left.

It was also difficult to make the decision to leave. A horrible time in my life.

Being able to think things through freely & come to my own conclusions was/is so lioberating.

• besty
    besty

great stuff cofty - cheers!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Great advice:

"When you are ready to investigate use your critical thinking skills to try find evidence FOR theism. Listen to the best apologists you can find. Reserve judgement and reject all appeals to your emotions."

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Cofty you are a firecracker!!! Great interview. I feel I understand you so much better now.

• DJS
    DJS

Cofty,

I'm not worthy. Excellent post from one of my favorite posters.

• pixel
    pixel

Thanks for sharing. Really nice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit